Types, Causes, Symptoms, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Erb’s Palsy prevented?
Erb’s palsy prevention can be done if the doctor makes sure that the baby’s anterior shoulder bone does not collide with the mother’s pubic bone. If the symptoms are ignored in the infant, it may lead to complications like permanent loss in the movement of the shoulder. Therefore, at Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad, we treat the infant with the utmost care and to have the best results by restoring the movement of their shoulder which makes us one of the best hospitals in Hyderabad.
What is the treatment for Erb’s Palsy?
Our team of top surgeons and consultants at Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad diagnose the type of palsy and accordingly suggest the best treatment for the child depending on their condition. Some of the best treatment strategies suggested by our experts are:
- Hydrotherapy: It involves the use of water for pain relief and treatment.
- Physical Therapy: Mild exercises such as stretching, range of motion, massages are recommended for physical therapy.
- Occupational Therapy: It focuses on the use of fine motor muscles for recovery.
- Nerve graft: Using a distant nerve for bicep reconstruction.
- Nerve transfer: Procedure to repair the severe brachial plexus injuries.
With the help of our dedicated and experienced staff, we have treated a lot of patients successfully over the years making us the topmost hospital for Erb’s palsy near you. We have also provided our patients with online consultation services related to various orthopedic conditions.
At Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad, we have a well-experienced team of surgeons who are specialized in treating various kinds of Erb’s palsy disorders in children that makes us one of the best centers near you.
- Erb’s Palsy. Aamen. Available at: https://www.aanem.org/Patients/Muscle-and-Nerve-Disorders/Erb-s-Palsy Accessed on June 16th, 2020.
- Erb’s Palsy. Physio Pedia. Available at: https://www.physio-pedia.com/Erb%27s_Palsy Accessed on June 16th, 2020.
- Erb’s Palsy. Cerebral Palsy Guidance. Available at: https://www.cerebralpalsyguidance.com/birth-injury/erbs-palsy/symptoms Accessed on June 16th, 2020.