Burning Thigh Pain
Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Burning Thigh Pain diagnosed?
A brief medical history and physical examination by our experts is the first step towards the diagnosis of the condition. Then our doctors may recommend the following diagnosis procedures:
- Imaging studies: Such as X-rays, CT scans, or an MRI scan depending on the condition. X-rays are the most common.
- Electromyography: It is a test that is used to measure the electrical discharge produced in muscles to diagnose muscle disorders. The procedure involves a small electrode insertion onto the muscle to record the electrical activity.
- Nerve conduction study: It involves the use of patch-style electrodes that are placed on the skin to stimulate the nerve with a low electrical impulse. This helps in diagnosing damaged nerves.
- Nerve blockage technique: In this procedure, ultrasound imaging is used to guide a needle into the thigh near the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve. If this procedure relieves pain, it is confirmed that the patient is suffering from this condition.
At Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad, we have the best equipment and highly trained professionals and technicians which allows us to be one of the best orthopedic centers in Hyderabad.
How is Burning Thigh Pain prevented?
An individual can reduce the likelihood of development of this condition by adopting certain adoptive measures such as:
- Wear loose clothing to prevent excess pressure on the thigh
- Losing excess weight in case of obese individuals
- Avoiding the use of belts, etc.
Yashoda Hospitals has the best team of professionals that will not only help and cure the conditions of the patients, but also help in the prevention of various problems if they come to us at an early stage. We are among the best hospitals for orthopedic problems in India.
What is the treatment for Burning Thigh Pain?
The treatment strategies for this condition include:
- Medications: Usually, medications such as corticosteroid injections, tricyclic antidepressants, and gabapentin are used in treating and reducing the pain caused by this condition.
- Surgery: The surgical procedure is only used when the patient is facing extreme discomfort. It is very rare to perform a surgery.
- Other Remedies: There are quite a few simple remedies that help in reducing the pain and treating the condition. The remedies include losing weight, wearing loose clothes, etc.
With years of excellence at Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad, we have become one of the best centers for treatment of burning thigh pain in Hyderabad.
- Burning Thigh Pain. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/burning-legs Accessed on June 20, 2020.
- Upper Thigh Pain. Healthline Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/pain-in-upper-thigh Accessed on June 20, 2020.
- Burning Thigh Pain. Cleveland Clinic. Available at: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/17959-meralgia-paresthetica Accessed on June 20, 2020.