Biceps Tendon Injuries
Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Biceps Tendon Injuries diagnosed?
Some common diagnostic facilities provided to our patients are:
- MRI scan
Our orthopedic unit is open round the clock with a senior doctor available 24/7 in Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad. We have provided impeccable services to our patients throughout the years and are one of the best hospitals in India.
How is Biceps Tendon Injuries prevented?
In order to prevent the development of this condition, there are certain precautions one can take:
- Using proper body mechanics while lifting heavy objects.
- Warming up before exercises that stress the tendons.
- Exercising to strengthen the muscles of the arms and back.
- Resting the arm when it starts hurting.
What is the treatment for Biceps Tendon Injuries?
The treatment strategies may involve one or more of the following strategies:
- Home care: Ensuring complete rest to the arm and avoiding activities that may be strenuous such as lifting heavy weights, sports, etc is the first step in the treatment of this condition.
- Medications: Administering NSAIDs such as aspirin to control the inflammation as well as relieve the pain.
- Physical therapy: It is done to regain the strength as well as ensure range-of-motion of the affected area and for complete healing.
- Torn bicep surgery: It is a surgical procedure to reattach the tendon to the bone.
Our team of experts has treated a lot of patients over the years suffering from biceps tendon condition with the help of our experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff that makes us one of the top hospitals in Hyderabad.
- Biceps Tendon Injuries. Cleveland Clinic. Available at: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/14534-biceps-tendon-injuries. Accessed on June 17th, 2020.
- Biceps Torn. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/torn-bicep. Accessed on June 17th, 2020.
- Biceps Tendon Tear at Shoulder. OrthoInfo. Available at: https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases–conditions/biceps-tendon-tear-at-the-shoulder/ Accessed on June 17th, 2020.