Biceps Tendon Injuries
Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
What are the symptoms of Biceps Tendon Injuries?
Some common symptoms of biceps tendon injuries are:
- A pop or tear sensation in the biceps
- Warmth, swelling, bruising at the affected area
- Pain at the site of injury
- Weakness in the arms
- Difficulty in movement or turning of palm
- Fatigue, bulge observed in the affected arm
What are the risk factors of Biceps Tendon Injuries?
Some common factors that may predispose an individual to the development of this condition are:
- Age: Due to old age, the tendons wear down.
- Gender: Males are often more susceptible to elbow tears than females.
- Performing repetitive motions such as in sports.
- Lifting heavy objects without bending the elbow.
- Overuse of corticosteroid medications.
- Biceps Tendon Injuries. Cleveland Clinic. Available at: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/14534-biceps-tendon-injuries. Accessed on June 17th, 2020.
- Biceps Torn. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/torn-bicep. Accessed on June 17th, 2020.
- Biceps Tendon Tear at Shoulder. OrthoInfo. Available at: https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases–conditions/biceps-tendon-tear-at-the-shoulder/ Accessed on June 17th, 2020.