Spine Disease Treatment Hospital in Hyderabad
Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad offers surgeries for various types of spinal conditions such as spinal stenosis, scoliosis, sciatica, spondylolisthesis, degenerative disc disease, herniated disc, ankylosing spondylitis, etc.
- Spinal Stenosis: It refers to a condition in which an abnormal narrowing of the spaces present within the spine is observed, which can put pressure on the nerves that travel through the spine. It occurs most often in the lower back and the neck. Symptoms of this condition include pain, numbness, or weakness in the arms or legs.
- Scoliosis: It refers to the condition in which a sideways curvature of the spine is observed during the growth spurt right before puberty. While it can be caused by other conditions such as cerebral palsy or muscular dystrophy, yet the actual cause of scoliosis is unknown.
- Sciatica: Sciatica refers to the condition which is characterized by pain that radiates along the sciatic nerve, the nerve which runs down one or both legs from the lower back. It is mainly caused when a herniated disc or bone spur present in the spine puts pressure on the nerve. The pain associated with this condition originates in the spine and radiates down the length of the leg and it typically affects only one side of the body.
- Spondylolisthesis: It refers to a spinal condition in which a vertebra slips forward onto the bone below it. The major risk factors for this condition are genetics and sports that put pressure on the bones present in the lower back such as gymnastics and football.
- Degenerative Disc Disease: It is an age-related condition that occurs when one or more discs present between the vertebrae of the spinal column deteriorate or break down which leads to pain. The symptoms of this condition are weakness, numbness, and pain that radiates down the leg.
- Herniated Disc: A herniated disc is a condition in which a fragment of the disc nucleus is pushed out of the annulus or its normal position and into the spinal cavity through a tear or rupture in the annulus.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis: It is a rare type of arthritis that causes immense pain and stiffness in the spine due to inflammation. It is a lifelong condition that usually begins in the lower back and can spread up to the neck or damage joints in other parts of the body. Its symptoms include lower back pain, uveitis, joint stiffness, etc.
- Spondylosis: It is a type of arthritis that is caused due to wear and tear of the spine. It occurs when the joints degenerate, when bone spurs grow on the vertebrae, or both.
What are the symptoms of chronic scoliosis?
The symptoms of chronic scoliosis include trouble in standing straight or walking, numbness, weakness, or pain in the affected leg, shortness of breath, presence of bump in the lower back.
What are the causes of spondylolisthesis?
Spondylolisthesis can be caused due to various factors such as birth defects, fractures, other conditions such as spondylolysis, degenerative diseases due to aging or overuse, presence of tumors, prior surgeries, etc.
What is degenerative disc disease?
It refers to a type of arthritis that affects the neck or lower back areas, occurs between vertebrae due to herniation, fragmentation, etc. Initially, there may be no symptoms of this condition. In a few cases, the spine may lose its flexibility, so it is important to get diagnosed and treated in time.
What are the symptoms of spinal diseases?
Some symptoms that indicate a person may be suffering from a spinal condition are back or neck pain that may be sharp and stabbing, dull and aching, or burning, bladder or bowel dysfunction, nausea, vomiting, pain that radiates in the arms or legs, stiffness, etc.
When should a person consult a doctor for the spinal condition?
If a person is suffering from persistent pain, stiffness in the spine, pain radiating in the legs, etc he should consult a physician immediately.