‘CASIRIVIMAB AND IMDEVIMAB’ Launched by Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad New “Antibody Cocktail Drug” for COVID Treatment
Hyderabad, 26th May, 2021: Casirivimab and Imdevimab combination antibody cocktail which we believe is a Game Changer in COVID treatment has been launched by Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad in association with Cipla and the first patients were administered the drug in the Secunderabad branch on an OP basis and the patients tolerated the drug well without incident.
The Same Antibody cocktail drug was given to US president Donald Trump when he was diagnosed with COVID. This medication has also been approved by DCGI in India. Casirivimab and Imdevimab are human immunoglobulin G-1 (IgG1) monoclonal antibodies produced by recombinant DNA technology.Casirivimab and imdevimab are monoclonal antibodies that are specifically directed against the spike protein of SARSCoV-2, designed to block the virus’ attachment and entry into human cells. Casirivimab and imdevimab cocktail remains efficacious against widest spread variants and reduces the risk of losing its neutralization potency against new emerging variants.
This antibody cocktail drug( Casirivimab and Imdevimab ) is approved at a combined dose of 1200 mg (600 mg of each drug) administered by intravenous infusion or subcutaneous route on OP basis. It was observed in phase 3 trials of this drug that Casirivimab and imdevimab significantly reduced the risk of hospitalization or death by 70% and also significantly shortened the duration of symptoms by four days. It should be given as soon as possible after symptom onset or even in asymptomatic patients . It can also be given to contacts of households who had Covid as prophylaxis so that the contacts do not get Covid. It is approved for all patients 12 years or older weighing at least 40kgs. As with every drug, benefits and risks need to be assessed individually and recommended to consult your primary care doctor or/and pulmonologist for indications for use and suitability according to Dr. Lingaiah, Medical Director of Yashoda Hospitals Group.
- The Hindu: https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Hyderabad/cocktail-drug-for-covid-treatment-launched/article34653148.ece
- Times of India: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/hyderabad/patients-take-new-antibody-cocktail/articleshow/82987207.cms
- Epaper The Hindu: https://epaper.thehindu.com/Home/MShareArticle?OrgId=G638K6M3J.1
- Telangana Today: https://telanganatoday.com/yashoda-hospitals-launches-antibody-cocktail-drugs-to-treat-covid
- NT News: https://www.ntnews.com/telangana/india-starts-administering-antibody-cocktail-drug-to-covid-19-patients-108427/
- Mana Telangana: https://www.manatelangana.news/yashoda-launches-antibody-cocktail-drugs-to-covid-treatment/
- Andhra Jyothy: https://www.andhrajyothy.com/telugunews/antibody-cocktail-drug-at-yashoda-hospital-1921052703205953
- Quick Info: http://www.quickinfo.news/cocktail-drug-for-covid-treatment-launched-76720.html
- Divya Bharat: https://divya-bharat.com/cocktail-drug-for-covid-treatment-launched/
- Crime Today News: https://crimetodaynews.com/cocktail-drug-for-covid-treatment-launched/
- Times of Media: https://www.timesofmedia.com/yashoda-hospitals-launches-covid-antibody-cocktail-13251.html