Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Types,Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Thoracic Outlet Syndrome diagnosed?
Some of the diagnostic assessments for this condition are:
- CT scan
- Arteriography and venography
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Nerve conduction study
We provide a wide range of diagnoses at Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad for all kinds of orthopedic diseases. We have trained and experienced professionals who help us to carry out these activities smoothly and within no time making us one of the top centers in India.
How is Thoracic Outlet Syndrome prevented?
To prevent the development of this condition in an individual, certain preventive measures can be taken:
- Maintain good posture
- Taking frequent breaks at work
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Avoid carrying heavy bags
- Apply a heating pad to the affected area
- Practice relaxation exercises
What is the treatment for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome?
The treatment strategy of this condition may be one or more of the following procedures:
- Physical therapy: Exercises to remove the pressure over blood vessels and nerves in the thoracic outlet over time.
- Medications: Anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxants are used to reduce the inflammation and pain.
- Clot-dissolving medications: Administration of antithrombotic medications to dissolve the blood clot.
- Surgery: Procedures such as transaxillary, supraclavicular or infraclavicular approach may be selected depending on the patient’s condition.
At Yashoda Hospitals,Hyderabad, we are known for giving specialized treatment to all our patients depending on their conditions and we also consider other factors such as age, previous medical history before planning a treatment. Our impeccable services make us one of the best centers for thoracic treatment in India.
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20353988 Accessed on June 14th, 2020.
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. Cleveland Clinic. Available at: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/17553-thoracic-outlet-syndrome-tos Accessed on June 14th, 2020.
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. Healthline. Available at: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/thoracic-outlet-syndrome Accessed on June 14th, 2020.
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/thoracic-outlet-syndrome Accessed on June 14th, 2020.