Knee Tendon Bursitis
Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Complications, Prevention and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Knee Tendon Bursitis prevented?
There are simple methods to prevent knee bursitis from developing in individuals.
- Wear knee pads to avoid excess strain
- Take breaks, ensure regular movements of the knee
- Try to avoid excessive squatting and other activities
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Get early and right treatment for other knee conditions
How is Knee Tendon Bursitis diagnosed?
The diagnostic methods used for the treatment in our orthopedic department include:
- Use of X-rays
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan
- Physical examination and medical history
- Aspiration techniques
Our expert team analyses the patient’s condition and recommends the best diagnostic tools as well as treatment procedures. For this, we provide the best diagnosis facilities and cutting-edge technologies to them. Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad, offers some of the best orthopedic services to our patients which has made us one of the top hospitals in India.
What is the treatment for Knee Tendon Bursitis?
Our expert team of doctors prescribe the right treatment procedure for your condition. Some of these strategies are:
Medications such as antibiotics are used when the cause of knee bursitis is an infection.
Physical Therapy: Physical therapy increases the strength of the muscle and flexibility. It might also help alleviate pain and reduce the chances of further episodes of knee bursitis.
Corticosteroid injection: If the condition of a patient gets severe and basic treatments are not fruitful, then the doctor might inject a corticosteroid drug into the bursa. This injection is used to reduce inflammation.
Aspiration: This procedure is used to reduce excess fluid and reduce inflammation. Aspiration can cause short-term pain and swelling.
Surgery: When a patient suffers from severe chronic or recurrent bursitis and no other treatments work, the doctors might perform a surgery to remove the bursa.
Individuals can also try these home remedies for the treatment of their condition:
- Provide adequate rest to your knee
- Take over-the-counter pain relief medications.
- Apply ice on the knee
- Apply compression to the affected area
At Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad, we provide the best treatment strategies to our patients suffering from knee bursitis in extreme conditions. Over the years we have helped our patients recover easily by giving them customised treatment plans. With our holistic approach, we are considered as one of the top hospitals near you.
- Knee Tendon Bursitis. Medicince Net. Available at: https://www.medicinenet.com/knee_bursitis/article.htm Accessed on June 9, 2020.
- Knee Tendon Bursitis. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/knee-bursitis/symptoms-causes/syc-20355501 Accessed on June 9, 2020.
- Knee Tendon Bursitis. OrthoInfo. Available at: https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases–conditions/pes-anserine-knee-tendon-bursitis Accessed on June 9, 2020.
- Knee Tendon Bursitis. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/understanding-bursitis-treatment Accessed on June 9, 2020.