Knee Tendon Bursitis
Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Complications, Prevention and Treatment
What would you like to know?
What are the symptoms of Knee Tendon Bursitis?
As compared to other orthopedic conditions, knee bursitis is relatively less painful. Some of the common symptoms of this condition include:
- Swelling of the knee
- Warmth, tenderness and redness of the knee
- Inflammation of the joints, usually observed in arthritis
- Pain and stiffness in the knee
What are the risk factors of Knee Tendon Bursitis?
Specific factors which predispose an individual to this condition include:
- Continuous kneeling over a prolonged period
- Participation in certain sports which strain the knee
- Having osteoarthritis, gout or rheumatoid arthritis
What are the complications of Knee bursitis?
Some complications of knee bursitis are:
- Severe infections in the knee
- Break or puncture in the overlying skin
- Knee Tendon Bursitis. Medicince Net. Available at: https://www.medicinenet.com/knee_bursitis/article.htm Accessed on June 9, 2020.
- Knee Tendon Bursitis. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/knee-bursitis/symptoms-causes/syc-20355501 Accessed on June 9, 2020.
- Knee Tendon Bursitis. OrthoInfo. Available at: https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases–conditions/pes-anserine-knee-tendon-bursitis Accessed on June 9, 2020.
- Knee Tendon Bursitis. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/understanding-bursitis-treatment Accessed on June 9, 2020.