Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Complications, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Kienbock’s Disease diagnosed?
Common methods of diagnosing Kienbock’s Disease are:
- CT Scan
We have a special arthritis unit open round the clock with a senior expert available 24/7 at Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad. We have provided comprehensive services to all our patients for many years and are known as one of the best hospitals in Hyderabad.
What is the treatment for Kienbock’s Disease?
Most common treatments of Kienböck’s disease are:
- Revascularization: It is a surgical procedure that involves the restoration of perfusion to a body part or organ that has suffered ischemia.
- Capitate-shortening osteotomy: It is a decompression procedure in the management of Kienböck’s disease
- Joint leveling: Joint leveling operation involves shortening the bone that is too long ( the radius) or lengthening the bone that is too short (the ulna).
- Metaphyseal core decompression: Is another surgical procedure to treat Kienböck’s disease
- Proximal row carpectomy (PRC): PRC is the surgical removal of the faulty bone.
- Arthroplasty: It’s a surgical procedure to restore the function of a joint by resurfacing the bones.
Our team of professionals has treated a lot of patients with kienböck’s disease throughout the years with the help of our experienced doctors, surgeons and staff making us one of the top hospitals near you.
“The content of this publication has been developed by a third party content provider. The content herein has been developed by clinicians and/or medical writers and/or experts. The information contained herein is for educational purpose only and we request you to please consult a Registered Medical Practioner or Doctor before deciding the appropriate diagnosis and treatment.”