Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Cervical Spondylosis diagnosed?
Diagnostic methods of cervical spondylosis include:
- CT scan
- Nerve conduction study
Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad is equipped with one of the best facilities and advanced technologies which helps us detect and cure the problem easily and efficiently making us one of the top centers for cervical spondylosis near you.
How is Cervical Spondylosis prevented?
Prevention from cervical spondylosis is easy. You can do the following to avoid getting the condition:
- Maintain the correct posture for the neck: Do not exert too much pressure on the neck. Make sure you take breaks in the middle of your work and move your neck a little while relaxing it.
- Avoid loading heavy things: Loading your shoulders or the neck with heavy baggage and other heavy items can put pressure on your neck that may lead to cervical spondylosis.
- Do swimming: Swimming can help you keep this condition at bay as it one of the best forms of exercise. Swimming regularly can help you prevent other health conditions too.
What is the treatment for Cervical Spondylosis?
Treatment of cervical spondylosis include:
Medications: Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, corticosteroids, and anti-seizure medications help treat the condition.
Muscle relaxants: Oral prednisone, steroids, and sometimes injections help ease the pain.
Therapy: Physical therapy helps to relax the stiff muscle and increase flexibility.
Surgery: The aim of surgery in cervical spondylosis is to decompress the spinal cord, and prevent further progression of symptoms.
We are one of the best hospitals in India with years of experience in treating orthopedic conditions successfully with the help and support of our hardworking and well-experienced team of experts. We give 360-degree care to our patients making us one of the top hospitals in Hyderabad.
- Cervical spondylosis.Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/cervical-spondylosis/symptoms-causes/syc-20370787. Accessed on June 4, 2020.
- Cervical Osteoarthritis (Cervical Spondylosis). WebMD. https://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/cervical-osteoarthritis-cervical-spondylosis Accessed on June 4, 2020.
- Spondylosis: All you need to know. Medical News Today. Available at: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/312598 Accessed on June 4, 2020.
“The content of this publication has been developed by a third party content providerwho are clinicians and/or medical writers and/or experts. The information contained herein is for educational purpose only and we request you to please consult a Registered Medical Practitioner or Doctor before deciding the appropriate diagnosis and treatment plan.”