Types, Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Arthritis prevented?
A healthy lifestyle can prevent one from suffering from the condition. Some precautionary measures include:
- Eating fish: Eating 5-6 ounces of fish every week is recommended to reduce the inflammation in the joints.
- Controlling weight: Losing excessive weight can reduce the weight exerted on the joints, in turn reducing the risk of developing arthritis.
- Exercising: Exercise increases strength and flexibility, reduces joint pain, and helps combat fatigue.
- Avoid injuries: Injuries are a very common cause of arthritis. Avoid extreme physical exercise or anything that may cause joint injury.
How is Arthritis diagnosed?
- CT scan
- Blood test
- Fluid test
We provide our patients with the best diagnosis facilities and technologies so that we can treat conditions smoothly and as early as possible. At Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad, we give the best services to our patients and have become one of the top hospitals near you because of our dedicated services.
What is the treatment for Arthritis?
Treatment of arthritis may relieve pain and stiffness, but the disease may continue to progress in some cases and can correct the joint damage in the others depending on its type.
Medications: In the initial stages, medications can bring relief to patients. They are usually given painkillers, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs) to soothe the pain and reduce the inflammation. Biologic response modifiers are the newest class of drugs to treat arthritis.
Therapy: Therapy includes physical exercises to increase flexibility and mobility in the joints.
Surgery: A surgery is often performed in extreme cases when the pain gets unbearable. Doctors repair the torn cartilage or smoothing a joint where the surface becomes rough due to a surgery.
At Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad, we provide accurate treatment and diagnosis for people suffering from arthritis in extreme cases and have helped our patients recover easily by giving them a combination of treatment to heal. With our integrated approach, we have become one of the best hospitals in India.
- 5 Common Types of Arthritis. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/rheumatoid-arthritis/guide/most-common-arthritis-types. Accessed on June 3, 2020.
- Arthritis Risk Factors. CDC. Available at : https://www.cdc.gov/arthritis/basics/risk-factors.htm Accessed on June 3, 2020.
- Arthritis- Diagnoses and Treatment. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/arthritis/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20350777 Accessed on June 3, 2020.