Mucormycosis(Black Fungus) Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the early signs and symptoms of Black Fungus?
The early signs and symptoms for Mucormycosis disease are like this:
- One-sided severe headache, facial swelling and pain behind the eye.
- Nasal stuffiness, congestion, discharge or occasional bleeding.
- Eyes swelling, inability to open eyes, redness of eyes, double vision, loss of vision etc.
- Ulceration or Blackish discolouration of the roof of the mouth (palate).
- The disease quickly progresses to the brain causing drowsiness, facial paralysis, numbness of the face, stroke, one side paralysis and even death.
COVID-19 positive patients of all ages are at high risk, especially the patients with a history of prolonged steroid usages, Diabetics, immunosuppressants etc.