Vasectomy Cost in Hyderabad
We have one of the best team of urology specialists team of doctors in Hyderabad, who are highly specialized in treating all types of urology diseases.
All You Need To Know About Vasectomy
Vasectomy is a surgical procedure in which a man’s ability to produce sperms is blocked to avoid impregnating a woman during coitus. The sperms are produced in the testicles and released through tubes called vas deferens which mix with other fluids to make semen. Hence, in this procedure, the vas deferens tubes are cut to avoid the semen from carrying the sperms. The sperms present in the testicles are then absorbed by the body.
After 3 months of vasectomy, the semen will no longer contain the sperms. Until then, men are recommended to use contraceptives during intercourse. 2 to 3 semen tests are performed post-surgery to check the presence of sperms in the semen.
This procedure is almost 100% effective. It is a permanent but reversible procedure, however it doesn’t guarantee success in conceiving a child after reversing. Therefore, a good amount of thought should be invested before opting for this surgery.
How much does a Vasectomy cost in India?
The average cost of vasectomy in India is usually between Rs. 85,102 to Rs. 1,04,740. However, the prices may vary depending upon the hospitals in different cities.
What is the average cost of Vasectomy in Hyderabad?
The cost of vasectomy in Hyderabad depends upon multiple factors and ranges from Rs. 13,000 to Rs. 40,000.
- Lowest cost in Hyderabad begins from Rs.13,000
- Average cost in Hyderabad can be approximately Rs.85,000
- Maximum cost in Hyderabad is up to Rs.40,000
Types Of Vasectomy
Conventional Vasectomy with a scalpel: In this surgery, incisions are made in the vas deferens tubes to block the sperms.
No-Scalpel Vasectomy: In this surgery, a small puncture is made in the scrotum without an incision to block the sperms.
Procedure before surgery:
- The doctor may ask the patient to go through counseling to ensure it is the right form of birth control for him.
- Consult with the doctor for any other birth control measures.
- Discussion with the doctor on the type of vasectomy most suitable for the patient.
- The patient should understand that vasectomy is a permanent procedure and reversing it may not always be successful.
- The patient is asked to stop any blood thinning medication or aspirin days before the surgery.
Procedure during surgery
- This procedure usually takes around 10 – 30 minutes.
- The patient is given local anesthesia, so the genital area will be numbed.
- A small incision is made on the scrotum to locate the vas deferens tubes that carry the sperm from the testicles.
- In the case of a no-scalpel, a small hole is made instead of an incision.
- The vas deferens tubes are taken out of the scrotum and cuts are made.
- The tubes are then sealed by tying, cauterizing (using electrical current), clipped, or a combination of these procedures.
- The tubes are returned to the scrotum and the incision is stitched up.
Procedure after surgery
- The patient may experience mild pain, discomfort, or swelling which subsides in a few days.
- He may be asked to apply ice packs on the scrotum for a couple of days.
- The patient is asked to limit his activities and rest for 24 hours.
There are certain risks and complications associated with this procedure, as with any other surgery. Some of these are infections, bleeding or blood clot inside the scrotum, presence of blood in the semen, mild pain, discomfort, swelling, or bruising of the scrotum.
Understanding Factors Affecting The Vasectomy Surgery Cost
There are several factors that can add to the total vasectomy operation cost in Hyderabad such as:
- Doctor consultation fees
- Other medical tests
- Miscellaneous factors
What is Vasectomy Cost at Yashoda Hospitals?
We have a team of highly skilled and trained urologists and surgeons who are backed with trained support staff and high-tech equipment. Together they ensure that you get the latest and the best surgical experience at Yashoda Hospitals. We are one of the best Vasectomy hospital in Hyderabad. To know more about the cost of Vasectomy. Click on enquire now.