What is varicose vein surgery?
Varicose veins occur when the veins become twisted, swollen, rises out of the surface of the skin, and can be seen clearly through the skin. They can generally be found near the person’s feet or legs.
There are various types of treatments for varicose veins depending on the veins affected and the severity. They can be surgically removed in order to prevent further pain to the affected person. This does not cause any blood supply issues as it is redirected to other healthy veins.
The following are the options for varicose veins surgery:
- Vein stripping: As the name suggests, the affected vein is stripped from the body. It is pulled out with the help of a wire through an incision near the groin.
- Phlebectomy: Rather than making a large cut, during this surgery, several small cuts are made along the vein. It is then pulled out and cut in several pieces.
There are other alternative treatments which are equally effective in treating varicose veins:
- Radiofrequency (RFA) ablation: The vein is cut off by generating heat through radio waves. This helps to heat the vein until it closes up.
- Endovenous laser ablation: This treatment utilizes lasers to generate heat. It performs the same function as above and heats the vein until it closes up.
- Transilluminated powered phlebectomy (Trivex): The vein is illuminated from within, allowing the doctor to accurate target and remove the vein. It is cut with the help of a tiny rotating blade and removed using suction.
- Sclerotherapy: A liquid solution is injected into the vein, causing it to scar and collapse. The scarred tissue is absorbed into a local tissue eventually.
What is varicose veins surgery cost in India?
Varicose vein treatment is a one-time investment to ensure good health. The cost of the treatment will vary based on the severity and number of affected veins. On average, varicose veins surgery cost in India will be around INR 80,000 to 1,50,000 for both legs. In a government hospital, varicose veins laser treatment cost can be as low as INR 10,000. Private hospitals in metro cities will often cost more based on the services availed.
What is varicose veins surgery cost in Hyderabad?
The cost will vary based on the type of treatment performed. EBLV or endovenous laser ablation has become the most commonly practised procedure recently. In the private sector, the average varicose veins treatment cost will be INR 90,000-1,50,000 for both legs. In the case of sclerotherapy, multiple sessions are required. For each session, sclerotherapy cost is around INR 5,000.
What is varicose veins surgery cost in Yashoda Hospitals?
Yashoda offers competitive varicose vein operation cost from starting from INR 80,000. The cost varies depending on the type of treatment performed. Varicose veins surgery without laser costs between INR 80,000 to 1,20,000. Vascular veins laser treatment cost is between 1,00,000 to 1,40,000. The average cost of the surgery changes based on the the type of room opted for—general, sharing, or private. Please contact our personnel for more information regarding the surgery and variable costs.
At Yashoda, we have a qualified team of experts and awardees treating a variety of vascular conditions. Their expertise is complemented with state-of-the-art technology that allows them to diagnose and treat a wide range of ailments. Yashoda offers the best facilities in its vascular laboratory. Its advanced equipment enables doctors to make accurate evaluations and diagnosis.
Using the latest technology, doctors can also efficiently perform minimally-invasive procedures. This treatment reduces the number of cuts which need to be made. Instead, lasers are used to cut the affected vein and remedy varicose veins. Our facilities offer the patients a cosmetic advantage, reduced recovery time, and immediate results.