Spinal Fusion Cost in Hyderabad
We have one of the best team of cervical spine specialists team of doctors in Hyderabad, who are highly specialized in treating all types of spinal problems.
All You Need To Know About Spinal Fusion
It is a surgical technique to join two or more vertebrae to ease the pressure on the spine. It can be performed in any section of the spine that causes discomfort to the patient.
In order to ensure if the patient does need this surgery, certain diagnostic assessments are used such as:
- MRI scan: To look for disc problems.
- X-ray: To check for arthritis, injuries to the vertebrae.
- CT scan: To rule out joint and bone problems.
- Bone scan
How much does Spinal Fusion cost in India?
The average cost of spinal fusion in India is usually between Rs. 189000 to Rs. 850000. However, the prices may vary depending upon the hospitals in different cities.
What is the average cost of Spinal Fusion in Hyderabad?
The cost of spinal fusion in Hyderabad depends upon multiple factors and ranges from Rs. 13,000 to Rs. 40,000.
- Lowest cost in Hyderabad begins from Rs.2,95,000
- Average cost in Hyderabad can be approximately Rs.3,90,000
- Maximum cost in Hyderabad is up to Rs.4,65,000
Types Of Spinal Fusion
Lumbar fusion: It is performed to ease the pressure on the lumbar spine caused due to degenerative disc changes.
Within lumbar fusion, there are several techniques such as:
- Posterolateral fusion: In this procedure, the bone graft is placed in between the transverse process and the vertebra are then fixed back in place.
- Interbody fusion: In this procedure, the entire intervertebral disc is removed and a bone graft is placed in space between the vertebrae. There are various types of interbody fusion:
- Anterior lumbar interbody fusion (ALIF): It is performed from the front by making an incision in the lower abdomen, the intervertebral disc is removed and a bone graft is placed.
- Posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF): In this procedure, an incision is made from the back, the intervertebral disc is removed, followed by inserting the bone graft between two vertebrae.
- Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF): This technique is also performed from the back.
- Oblique lateral lumbar interbody fusion (OLLIF): In this procedure, the surgeon approaches the spine from the side of the patient.
Cervical fusion: It is performed to increase the motion and decrease the pressure on the cervical spine.
Thoracic fusion: It is performed when the thoracic spine is unable to move due to certain trauma or deformities.
There are multi-levels of spinal fusion surgery
- One-level spinal fusion: It is used to stop motion at one segment of the spine. In this procedure, two vertebrae are joint together to stop motion at one segment.
- Two-level spinal fusion: It is used to stop motion at two segments of the spine. In this procedure, three vertebrae are joint together. However, this is likely to put more stress on the remaining joints.
- Fusion of 3 or more levels: It is usually only performed in cases of scoliosis or deformities.
Factors Affecting The Cost of Spinal Fusion
The total cost to the patient depends on a variety of factors, all of which directly add to the cost such as:
- The type of room the patient chooses
- Doctors consultation fees
- Medications administered to the patient
- Standard test and diagnostic procedures
- Cost of the follow–up care needed after the procedure
What is spinal fusion cost at Yashoda Hospitals?
Patients’ comfort and a successful treatment is what we strive for at Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad. With a team of experts led by highly experienced orthopedic doctors, surgeons and spine specialists, we ensure that our patients get accurate treatment for their spine issues. Our aim is to improve people’s lifestyle by reducing their pain and discomfort. This dedication from our teams makes us stand out of the crowd and puts our name on the list of one of the best hospitals in India. We are one of the best spinal fusion hospital in Hyderabad. To know more about the cost of Spinal Fusion. Click on enquire now.