Yashoda Cancer Institute leverages on latest technologies and performs advanced oncology procedures. Surgical oncologists work in coordination with Medical & Radiation Oncology Departments for Comprehensive Care of the patient. The main focus of our surgical oncology expertise includes organ conservation surgeries that aim to improve the quality of life (hardly leaves any scars) without affecting the chances of cure.
The Institute adopts pre-operative treatments like chemotherapy, radiation, interventional radiology etc., wherever possible to shrink the tumour to a size that allows our skilled and experienced cancer surgeons to perform keyhole surgery that is minimally invasive. This not only helps save the organ but hardly leaves any scars.
In the recent times, oncology surgeries have majorly been minimally invasive. In this direction, the da Vinci System has gained popularity for its precision and high-success minimally invasive robotic surgery. Significantly, the limitations of traditional surgical approaches have been overcome by robotic surgery.
Some of the Robotic Procedures in oncology are
- Uterine Cancers & Cervical Cancers - Radical Hysterectomy
- Thyroid – Neck Scarless Thyroidectomy
- Esophagus Cancer - Total Thoracoscopic Esophagectomy
- Cancer Rectum - Ultra Low Anterior Resection / APR
- Lung Cancer - Lobectomy, Mediastinal Node Biopsy
- Kidney Cancer - Radical Nephrectomy
- Stomach Cancer - Radical Gastrectomy
- Prostate Cancer - Nerve Preserving Prostatectomy
- Thoracic – Thymoma
- Mediastinal Node Dissection
ROBOTIC SURGICAL TEAM AT YASHODA HOSPITALS
- 1st team in the Telugu states (Telangana and AP) to start robotic surgery
- 1st team in the Telugu states (Telangana and AP) for performing the largest number of successful robotic surgeries