All You Need To Know About Radical Prostatectomy
The prostate gland is a small walnut-sized gland that produces seminal fluid in men and cancer of this gland is known as prostate cancer. One of the major treatments for this condition is Radical Prostatectomy. It is a surgical procedure to remove the prostate gland and surrounding tissue from the male reproductive system. However, this surgery is most effective when tests show that the cancer has not spread outside the prostate, which means it is still in its initial phase in the body.
To screen if the patient is suffering from prostate cancer and requires Radical Prostatectomy surgery, certain diagnosis assessments are carried out such as digital rectal exam, prostate-specific antigen test, ultrasound, MRI scan, and biopsy.
The doctors usually recommend this procedure when the patient is unable to completely empty the bladder, suffers from recurrent bleeding from the prostate, presence of bladder stones with prostate enlargement, slow urination, or increased pressure on the ureters and kidneys from urinary retention, etc.
How much does a Radical Prostatectomy cost in India?
The average cost of radical prostatectomy in India is approximately Rs.5,11,268. However, the prices may vary depending upon the hospitals in different cities.
What is the average cost of Radical Prostatectomy in Hyderabad?
The cost of radical prostatectomy in Hyderabad depends upon multiple factors and ranges from Rs. 80,000 to Rs. 2,20,000.
- Lowest cost in Hyderabad begins from Rs.80,000
- Average cost in Hyderabad can be approximately Rs.1,10,000
- Maximum cost in Hyderabad is up to Rs.2,20,000
Types Of Radical Prostatectomy
- Open Prostatectomy: In this procedure, the surgeon makes one vertical 8-10 inch incision beneath the belly button, or in a few cases, the incision is made in the perineum that is the space between the scrotum and anus. The prostate gland and surrounding tissue are then removed through this incision.
- Retropubic approach: In this process, the incision is made in the lower belly. This is the most common treatment for prostate cancer, especially in patients diagnosed with early prostate cancer. With this surgery, the affected lymph nodes can also be removed.
- Perineal approach: In this process, the incision is made in the groin area. This method is less commonly used, but is less time-consuming. It is usually used when a nerve-sparing approach is not required.
- Laparoscopic Prostatectomy: In this procedure, the surgeon makes multiple small incisions across the stomach. A laparoscope inserted with a camera and other surgical tools is then inserted through these incisions, and Radical Prostatectomy is then performed outside the body. The camera views everything on a video screen. It is a minimally invasive procedure.
- Robot-assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy: In this procedure, small incisions are made across the stomach, and the surgeon controls an advanced robotic system of surgical tools from outside the body.
Understanding Costs Of Radical Prostatectomy Operation
There are certain factors which add to the total cost of this operation including:
- Type of room
- Doctors fee
- Duration of stay in the hospital
- Type of surgery
- Cost of medications administered
Since Radical Prostatectomy is a major surgery, it carries certain risks as other major operations. Some of these complications are:
- Erection problems
- Urinary incontinence
- Damage to the urethra
- Damage to the rectum
- Erection problems
What is Radical Prostatectomy cost at Yashoda Hospitals?
At Yashoda Hospitals we ensure that our patients get everything they need to make their condition better. With the help of highly-trained oncologists and oncology surgeons along with other trained medical professionals, we tailor treatment plans as per every individual patient’s health needs. This enables us to give the patient the best treatment with higher chances of success and recovery. Such exceptional services and high success rates have made us one of the best hospitals in India. We are one of the best Radical Prostatectomy hospital in Hyderabad. To know more about the cost of Radical Prostatectomy. Click on enquire now.