Radiation Therapy Cost in Hyderabad
We have one of the best team of cancer doctors and best cancer surgeons in Hyderabad, who are highly specialized in radiation therapy for cancer diagnosis.
All You Need To Know About Radiation Therapy
Radiation therapy, also known as radiotherapy, is a procedure in which ionizing radiation is used as a part of cancer treatment to inhibit or kill the malignant cells in the body.
How much does a Radiation Therapy cost in India?
The average cost of radiation therapy in India is usually between Rs.30,000 to Rs.20,00,000 depending on which type of radiation technique that is recommended. However, the prices may vary depending upon the hospitals in different cities.
What is the average cost of Radiation Therapy in Hyderabad?
The cost of radiation therapy in Hyderabad starts from Rs.1,90,000. Yet, it depends upon multiple factors.
Types Of Radiation Therapy
Internal Radiation Therapy: This therapy is also known as brachytherapy. The cost of this therapy is dependent on the type of cancer and the techniques used.
It is mostly suitable for cancers of the prostate, head, neck, skin, breast, gallbladder, lung, rectum, uterine, vagina, or eye. In general, the cost for cancers of prostate, head and neck, the skin is higher as compared to eye or rectal cancers.
External Beam Radiation Therapy:
There are various types of this therapy such as
- Three Dimensional Conformal Radiation Therapy (3D CRT): It is mostly suitable for brain, head & neck, liver, lung, and prostate cancer.
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT): It is mostly suitable for tumors of the prostate, urinary bladder, lungs, and gynecological cancers.
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT): It is mostly suitable for cancers of the head & neck, brain, lungs, lymphomas, and gynecological cancers.
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT): It is the latest and advanced technique of external radiation therapy.
- 2D conventional technique (2D CT): It is the most basic external radiation therapy. It is used in a metastatic palliative treatment along with other treatments such as surgery and chemotherapy.
- Gamma Knife: It is used for benign tumors of the brain and malignant tumors.
The cause of the difference in the charges of radiation therapy depending on the type of technique is due to the following factors:
- Treatment package: Radiation therapy price is dependent on the doses, length of treatment for the patient.
- Type of cancer: Therapies of certain cancers are likely to cost more than other cancers.
- Cost of the machine: Depending on the technique used, the cost of the machine also contributes to the cost.
- Stage of cancer: Depending on the stage of cancer in the body, the costs may increase.
- Miscellaneous costs: Include hospital room rent, nursing charges, food, etc.
Understanding Pre And Post-Radiation Treatment Costs
There are many costs that occur before or after the therapy, and which directly contribute to the radiation therapy costs in Hyderabad. Some of these costs are:
- Doctor consultation
- PET scan
- CT scan
- MRI scan
In some cases, a patient may require multiple treatment procedures if the tumor is too big or other such factors, all of which contribute to additional costs to the total radiation therapy cost at Yashoda Hospitals such as chemotherapy, surgery, etc.
What is Radiation Therapy cost at Yashoda Hospitals?
Our cancer treatment team at Yashoda Hospitals comprises a few of the top radiation oncologists and oncology experts, who work are trained in monitoring and using our state-of-the-art linear accelerator machines. They ensure that the treatment is done with minimal damage done to the healthy surrounding cells, and that the patient recovers quickly. We are one of the best Radiation Therapy hospital in Hyderabad. To know more about the cost of Radiation Therapy. Click on enquire now.