Prostate Cancer Treatment Cost in India
We have one of the best team of prostate cancer specialists team of doctors in Hyderabad, who are highly specialized in treating all types of prostate cancer diseases.
What is prostate cancer?
What are the types of prostate cancer treatment?
The stage of cancer is one of the factors that determine the type of treatment. Depending on the stage, it varies as follows:
Early-stage cancer: For small, localized cancer, the doctor may recommend:
- Monitoring: Since the side-effects of treatment may outweigh the benefits, no immediate action may be taken.
- Radiation therapy: The cancerous cells can be targeted and killed by brachytherapy or other modes of radiotherapy.
- Surgery: The surgeon can also choose to remove the prostate gland. It can be done through either laparoscopy or open surgery.
Advanced prostate cancer: Treatment options will vary for advanced, recurring, or metastatic cancer.
- Chemotherapy: Cancerous cells can be killed through medical oncology. It may also kill healthy cells though.
- Hormonal therapy: The levels of androgens such as testosterone may be altered with drugs so as to slow down the growth of cancer.
- Cryotherapy: The use of very cold temperatures can also kill cancerous cells in the prostate. It is a minimally invasive treatment that avoids side effects.