10,000th patient of RapidArc radiotherapy in 2015 at Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad, is now Cancer free
Hyderabad, 13th Feb 2021: An aspiring doctor, Nivedita Rajasekhar is a young cancer survivor, who was diagnosed with medulloblastoma at the tender age of 3 years in 2015. It is the most frequent paediatric malignant tumor of the central nervous system and mainly affects young people, with about half of the cases occurring in children under 5 years. Nivedita was referred to Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad, the first center in India to offer Varian’s RapidArc® technology. She was the 10,000th patient for RapidArc radiotherapy at Yashoda Hospitals in 2015, and underwent cranio-spinal irradiation for the medulloblastoma.
The clinical team were delighted with the positive outcome. Nivedita’s father recalls that Nivedita recovered well from her treatment and was running around ecstatic like any other three-year-old within a few months from her treatment. According to the hospital authorities, the enhanced speed and precision of this technology enabled many other cancer patients like Nivedita to be treated, without the anticipation of waiting lists. Till recetntly in 2021, Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad have treated more than 20,000 patients by Rapidarc Technology.
Six years after the life saving cancer treatment, Nivedita visited Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad recently for a routine visit. As an excited eight year old, she loves to sing and play with her parents and younger brother, her favourite colour is yellow. Nivedita’s future seems promising – all thanks to a talented clinical team at Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad and Varian’s Rapidarc technology, six years ago.
Now free of the disease and full of life, she says “I am thankful to all the doctors who treated me when I was younger. I’m thriving and am excited about the bright future ahead of me.”
- United NEWS of India: http://www.uniindia.com/hyderabad-10-000th-patient-of-rapidarc-radiotherapy-in-2015-at-yashoda-hospitals-is-now-free-from-disease/south/news/2319636.html#
- Medgate Today: https://medgatetoday.com/10000th-patient-of-rapidarc-radiotherapy-in-2015-at-yashoda-hospitals-hyderabad-is-now-free-of-the-disease/
- India States Times: http://indiastatestimes.in/india/hyderabad-10000th-patient-of-rapidarc-radiotherapy-in-2015-at-yashoda-hospitals-is-now-free-from-disease/
- Varian: https://patient.varian.com/en/patient-stories/brain-cancer/nivedita-rajasekhar
- APAC News Network: https://apacnewsnetwork.com/2021/02/10000th-patient-of-rapidarc-radiotherapy-revisits-hospital-after-six-years/
- BW Healthcare World: http://bwhealthcareworld.businessworld.in/article/10-000th-patient-of-RapidArc-radiotherapy-in-2015-at-Yashoda-Hospitals-Hyderabad-is-now-free-of-the-disease/20-02-2021-379677/