Kyphoplasty Cost in Hyderabad
We have one of the best team of spine surgeon specialists team of doctors in Hyderabad, who are highly specialized in treatment of vertebral compression fractures.
All You Need To Know About Kyphoplasty
Kyphoplasty and Vertebroplasty are minimally invasive strategies used to treat vertebral compression fractures of the spine. These fractures occur when the vertebral body or the bony block present in the spine collapses due to excessive pressure or other causes. This leads to severe pain, deformity, etc.
These fractures are most likely to occur in the lower part of the thoracic spine and less common in other parts of the spine. Untreated conditions may convert into a bumped spine known as kyphosis. Kyphoplasty is aimed to re-establish the vertebra position with an inflatable balloon and infusing bone-bonding material into the broken bone.
Difference between Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty
Both Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty are performed with an empty needle that is pierced through the skin into the broken vertebra. The difference is that in Vertebroplasty, the bone bond is infused through the empty needle into the broken bone whereas, in Kyphoplasty, an inflatable balloon is first embedded and swelled to extend the vertebra to its ordinary size before filling the space with a bone bond. The corrected vertebra enables the patient to stand straight, decreases the pain, and avoids any tentative additional cracks.
Need For Kyphoplasty
This surgery may be a treatment option in the following excruciating vertebral pressure fractures in patients suffering from one of the following conditions:
- Osteoporosis: It is a bone disease that occurs when the body loses too much bone or does not make enough bone, or both.
- Metastatic tumor: It refers to the growth of cells that spread from one region to another.
- Vertebral hemangioma: These are benign, malformed vascular tumors composed of newly formed blood vessels.
Prior to the surgery, the conventional treatment for the spine used to span for over a month to check if the patients recover on their own. However, numerous specialists are currently proposing vertebroplasty within a week of fracture for patients to get better results.
To diagnose whether a patient needs this surgery or not, certain diagnostic assessments are used such as MRI scans, CT scans, etc.
How much does a Kyphoplasty cost in India?
The average cost of kyphoplasty in India is approximately Rs. 3,74,000. However, the prices may vary depending upon the hospitals in different cities.
What is the average cost of Kyphoplasty in Hyderabad?
The cost of kyphoplasty in Hyderabad depends upon multiple factors and ranges from Rs. 75,000 to Rs. 3,00,000.
- Lowest cost in Hyderabad begins from Rs.75,000
- Average cost in Hyderabad can be approximately Rs.1,50,000
- Maximum cost in Hyderabad is up to Rs.3,00,000
Understanding Cost Of Treatment
The following factors determine the total cost involved in Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty:
- Doctor consultation fees
- Cost of medications administered to the patient
- Cost of tests and diagnostic procedures
- Cost of surgery
- Cost of follow-up care post-surgery
Since this is a surgical procedure, there are certain risks and complications associated with it such as:
- Bone cement leakage: The bone concrete may spill into the surrounding tissues. It may occur when the needle is removed from the vertebra and may be painful to the patient.
- Nerve damage: There may be a danger of harming the spinal nerves, which may lead to paralysis.
What is the Kyphoplasty cost at Yashoda Hospitals?
At Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad, we have, over the years performed the most successful Kyphoplasty and Vertebroplasty surgeries. Thanks to our expert team of orthopedics, neurosurgeons, interventional radiologists and interventional neuroradiologists, we offer end-to-end care for our patients and ease their discomfort and pain. We are one of the best Kyphoplasty hospital in Hyderabad. To know more about the cost of Kyphoplasty. Click on enquire now.