Heart Valve Surgery Cost in India
We have one of the best team of cardiothoracic surgery specialists team of doctors in Hyderabad, who are highly specialized in treating all types of heart valve surgeries.
Here’s All You Need To Know About Heart Valve Surgery
Heart valve surgery is a procedure to correct heart diseases that occur near or in the valve. In these conditions at least one of the four heart valves are dysfunctional, which are responsible for maintaining the blood flow in the right direction through the heart. These surgeries are aimed at correcting the defects of these valves.
How much does a Heart Valve Surgery cost in India?
The average cost of heart valve surgery in India is approximately Rs.452838 to Rs.598914. However, the prices may vary depending upon the hospitals in different cities. The success rate of these surgeries is between 94 to 97%.
What is the average cost of Heart Valve Surgery in Hyderabad?
The average cost of heart valve surgery in Hyderabad is Rs. 2,40,000. Yet, it depends upon multiple factors.
There are two major types of heart valve defects that affect the heart’s ability to pump blood. They are:
- Stenosis: It refers to the condition of the narrowing of a heart valve.
- Regurgitation: It refers to a condition of leakage in the valve which allows the blood back up.
There are various diagnostic tests to ascertain the type of valve defect and thereby help in determining the most suitable surgery. They are:
- Echocardiography: It is the main test for diagnosing diseases of the heart valve.
- Transesophageal Echo (TEE): It is a procedure to get a better image of the heart.
- Electrocardiogram: It is used to diagnose irregular heartbeat and signs of a previous heart attack.
- Chest X-ray: It is performed to observe if the heart is enlarged or the presence of calcium deposits in the heart.
- Cardiac Catheterization, Stress Testing, or Cardiac MRI: They help the doctor to assess how severe the condition is so they can plan the course of treatment.
Types Of Heart Valve Surgery
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR): It is a minimally invasive procedure to treat aortic stenosis. Aortic stenosis is a condition in which the aortic valve is thickened and prevents the valve from opening fully, thereby limiting the blood flow from the heart to the body. In this procedure, thin tubes called catheters are used to reach the aortic valve from an artery present near the groin area. The new valve is then implanted with the help of the catheter with or without the help of a balloon.
- Bioprosthetic Valve Replacement: In this procedure, a second valve is implanted when the first replacement valve wears down. This is also a minimally invasive approach.
- Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair (TMVR): It is the procedure to repair the mitral regurgitation by using catheters.
- Balloon Valvuloplasty: In this procedure, a balloon is temporarily inflated in the valve to relieve narrowing or stenosis. There is no need to replace the valves in this surgery.
Factors Affecting Cost Of Heart Valve Surgery
The total cost to the patient depends on a variety of factors like:
- Type of room
- Doctor fee
- Cost of medications
- Standard test and diagnostic procedures
- Cost of heart valve replacement plan selected
- Cost of the follow-up care required after the surgery
What is the Heart Valve Surgery cost at Yashoda Hospitals?
At Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad, we have a team of highly trained cardiologists, physicians, and technical staff who are specialized in performing aortic valve replacement and mitral valve replacement surgeries. Our services, affordable treatment prices, and the availability of high-end technology make us one of the best hospitals in Hyderabad. We are one of the best Heart Valve Surgery hospital in Hyderabad. To know more about the cost of Heart Valve Surgery. Click on enquire now.