All You Need To Know About Gastric Bypass Surgery
Gastric bypass is a surgical procedure that helps a person in losing weight by changing how the stomach and small intestine handle the food a patient eats. The food a patient eats will no longer go into some parts of the stomach and small intestine that absorb food because of which the body will not absorb all of the calories. The success rate of weight loss through this surgery is more than 95%.
How much does Gastric Bypass Surgery cost in India?
The average cost of gastric bypass surgery in India is approximately Rs. 438230 to Rs. 511268. However, the prices may vary depending upon the hospitals in different cities.
What is the average cost of Gastric Bypass Surgery in Hyderabad?
The average cost of gastric bypass surgery in Hyderabad Rs. 300000. Yet, it depends upon multiple factors.
Candidates that are suitable for this surgery are people who have a BMI higher than 35, if the person is suffering from other conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, sleep apnea, etc., in case the patient’s weight is increasing steadily and resulting in other metabolic disorders, if the patient is gaining weight even after following a restrictive diet, etc.
Certain tests are performed before this surgery such as blood count, chest X-ray, electrocardiogram, urinalysis, etc.
Some surgeons may also ask the patient to get one or more of the following tests on the basis of their medical history:
- Gallbladder ultrasound to screen for gallstones
- Pulmonary function test (PFT)
- GI evaluation
- Cardiology Evaluation
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Sleep studies
Types Of Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery: 5-6 small incisions are made in this procedure.
- Open surgery: In this procedure, the surgeon makes a cut to open the stomach.
Gastric Bypass Surgery Procedure
The various steps of this procedure are:
- Administration of general anesthesia to the patient.
- The surgeon divides the stomach into two parts.
- The larger part of the stomach will be stapled out and only a small portion of the stomach in the form of a pouch will be left for use.
- The pouch is usually kept very small so that the patients only consume very small amounts of food and hence the calorie intake reduces considerably.
- Losing weight through this method becomes easier as the patients start feeling fuller even after eating small portions of food.
- In the second part of the procedure, the surgeon divides the lower part of the small intestine and joins it with a hole made in the pouch so the food will directly go to this part of the intestine.
- It creates a Y section in the small intestine so the food will not pass through the complete digestive system resulting in lower consumption of calories making weight loss faster.
Some of the other factors may affect the cost of treatment are types of rooms, operating room charges and ICU (if needed), surgery team costs (doctors anesthetics, etc.), medication and diagnostic procedures, nutritionist for post-surgery care, etc.
What is Gastric Bypass Surgery cost at Yashoda Hospitals?
At Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad we strive to provide the best services to our patients to ease their weight loss journey ensuring their comfort at every step of the way. Our dedicated team of surgeons and staff have made this possible, and our commitment to patient care has made us one of the top hospitals in India. We are one of the best gastric bypass surgery hospital in Hyderabad. To know more about the cost of Gastric Bypass Surgery. Click on enquire now.