Health Blogs for Fertility
How does PCOS affect female fertility?
Mar 23, 2019 11:46
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a condition caused due to altered hormonal levels and increase in the level of testosterone. PCOS causes a woman to miss her menstrual period and develop anovulation over a period of time, eventually leading to infertility.
Implications of advanced age on fertility and pregnancy
Feb 23, 2019 13:58
With advancing age and passing months, the chances of having a baby are getting limited. Assisted reproductive techniques increase the success rates of in getting pregnant in advanced age.
Can diabetes make it hard to have a baby?
Sep 14, 2018 15:37
Diabetes could be a serious hump on your road to having a baby. However, pregnancy with diabetes is possible, it only requires good head start and planning. The key to success is to understand and reduce the risks involved, eating right, work on ideal weight, and follow the instructions of your healthcare team.
Top 11 infertility and assisted reproductive technology questions answered
Jul 14, 2018 11:59
We understand that infertility questions are uncomfortable and complicated to ask. We have tried to answer the most common questions our patients ask for you. Put your questions in the comments below. We connect the dots so you take the journey towards pregnancy with confidence and hope. Find your path with us.
FAQs on Fertility
- What is fertility treatment?
Fertility treatment is medical assistance, such as drugs, hormone treatments, surgery, etc., provided to an individual to facilitate conception.
- What are the indications for fertility treatment?
Some signs and symptoms experienced by men and women who require fertility treatment are:
- Inability to bear a child after a year of unprotected intercourse.
- Two or more miscarriages
- Family history of infertility
- Low sperm count in the male partner
- Infrequent menstrual bleeding in the female partner
- Who can undergo fertility treatment?
In the case of women:
- Between the ages of 30-40 years and unable to conceive after a year of trying.
- History of endometriosis
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- History of two or more miscarriages
In the case of men:
- Low sperm count
- Premature ejaculation
- Small size of testicles
- History of testicular problems
- Which doctor does fertility treatment?
A fertility doctor or reproductive endocrinologist specializes in fertility treatment. The specialist has expertise in a subspecialty of obstetrics and gynecology known as reproductive endocrinology and infertility (REI).
- What is the fertility treatment cost in Hyderabad?
In Hyderabad, fertility treatment cost can range from 25,000 to 5,00,000 INR. The cost depends on the individual’s medical condition and the treatment option.
- What are the complications of fertility treatment?
Some complications of fertility treatment may be:
- Twin or triplet pregnancy
- Preterm delivery
- Ectopic pregnancy
- What are the options if fertility treatment is unsuccessful?
If fertility treatment is unsuccessful:
- Discuss with your doctors the possible factors that affected the pregnancy.
- You may try for a second or third fertility cycle.
- Be informed about the risk factors and potential outcomes.
- What are the alternatives to fertility treatment?
Fertility treatment has various options, including in-vitro fertilization (IVF), intrauterine insemination (IUI), intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), fertility drugs, etc. Discuss with your doctor which treatment will best help your condition. Eating a balanced diet, tracking the menstrual cycle, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle can maximize the chances of pregnancy.