What is endoscopy?
Endoscopy is a minimally invasive procedure used to view and operate on internal vessels or organs in the body. The doctor inserts a thin, flexible tube called an endoscope through an opening in the body (mouth, rectum, or an incision) and observes the targeted site for any abnormalities.
Contrary to common assumption, the procedure can be used for several organs in the body other than the digestive system. Based on the targeted site, there are various types of endoscopy performed. Some of these are:
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD): An EGD allows the doctor to examine the esophagus, stomach, and upper part of the small intestine.
- Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (UGI): Also known as upper endoscopy, this procedure is almost the same as the one above. The mouth is also examined along with the other organs.
- Lower Gastrointestinal Endoscopy: It is used to examine the large intestine and anal canal. If the rectum and colon are observed, the procedure is called colonoscopy.
- Bronchoscopy: A bronchoscope inserted through the mouth or the nose is used to observe the trachea (windpipe) and bronchi, which are tubes that lead to the lungs.
- Laparoscopy: The doctor uses a laparoscope to view and treat abnormalities in the abdomen and pelvis.
Your medical advisor can suggest an endoscopy to make an accurate diagnosis after a physical examination and routine tests like blood and urine tests. Endoscopy is recommended if the patient has:
- Celiac disease
- Vaginal bleeding
- Polyps in colon
- Digestive tract bleeding
What is endoscopy cost in India?
The type of endoscopy varies depending on the targeted site. Based on these differences, the endoscopy test price can vary in different locations. In India, different cities and hospitals charge differently for the investigation. The gastrointestinal endoscopy test cost in India will range between 1000-20,000 INR. This cost can differ based on whether the patient requires surgery or not. The type of anaesthesia given, the patient’s health, and the urgency of treatment can also change the endoscopy price in India significantly.
What is endoscopy test cost in Hyderabad?
Endoscopy is a minimally invasive procedure. The patient’s recovery time is extremely low, and since it is a daycare procedure, he/she can go back home the same day. Therefore, endoscopy price in Hyderabad is competitive and ranges from 600-7000 INR. The exact cost of the procedure changes from hospital to hospital and the services availed. Another factor that can change the endoscopy test price in Hyderabad is the urgency of surgery. If the patient requires treatment post-procedure, the final endoscopy cost will increase. You can ask for more details at your hospital.
What is endoscopy price in Yahoda Hospitals?
At Yashoda, patients are offered various endoscopy procedures at a competitive rate. The endoscopy charges here are between 2500-4000 INR as compared to the endoscopy test cost in Hyderabad. The final cost can vary if anaesthesia is required and based on the type of anaesthesia given and immediacy of the surgery (if required).
Yashoda Hospitals leads innovation in medical technology in South India. All the branches are equipped with state-of-the-art technology that allows doctors to perform endoscopic surgery with maximised success. Our team of expert doctors use minimally invasive procedures to aptly diagnose the patient’s health condition. The hospital also has various departments that work collaboratively to treat patients for a variety of conditions. Through the doctors’ skills and expertise and our excellent infrastructure, we assure the best surgical outcome for patients.