Endoscopy Cost in Hyderabad
We have one of the best team of gastroenterology doctors in Hyderabad, who are highly specialized in treating Esophagogastroduodenoscopy, Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, Lower Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, Bronchoscopy and Laparoscopy.
What is endoscopy?
Endoscopy is a minimally invasive procedure used to view and operate on internal vessels or organs in the body. The doctor inserts a thin, flexible tube called an endoscope through an opening in the body (mouth, rectum, or an incision) and observes the targeted site for any abnormalities.
Contrary to common assumption, the procedure can be used for several organs in the body other than the digestive system. Based on the targeted site, there are various types of endoscopy performed. Some of these are:
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD): An EGD allows the doctor to examine the esophagus, stomach, and upper part of the small intestine.
- Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (UGI): Also known as upper endoscopy, this procedure is almost the same as the one above. The mouth is also examined along with the other organs.
- Lower Gastrointestinal Endoscopy: It is used to examine the large intestine and anal canal. If the rectum and colon are observed, the procedure is called colonoscopy.
- Bronchoscopy: A bronchoscope inserted through the mouth or the nose is used to observe the trachea (windpipe) and bronchi, which are tubes that lead to the lungs.
- Laparoscopy: The doctor uses a laparoscope to view and treat abnormalities in the abdomen and pelvis.
Your medical advisor can suggest an endoscopy to make an accurate diagnosis after a physical examination and routine tests like blood and urine tests. Endoscopy is recommended if the patient has:
- Celiac disease
- Vaginal bleeding
- Polyps in colon
- Digestive tract bleeding