Spine surgery is a procedure that is aimed at changing and improving a patient’s anatomy such as the removal of a herniated disc or compressed nerves in the spine causing pain to provide pain relief. These surgeries vary in the procedure and may require short or long recovery time depending on the patient’s condition and type of surgery.
Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad, has one of the best teams of surgeons and consultants in India who have years of experience in treating patients successfully with spine-related conditions and providing them the best treatment strategies depending on their condition that makes us one of the top hospitals.
Why is it performed?
Spine surgery is performed to relieve pain or numbness on one or both arms or legs and is associated with a compressed nerve in the spine. We, at Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad provide them the best care to our patients with the help of our team surgeons and doctors in Hyderabad giving our patients the best results for their back problems.
Types of treatment
The various types of treatments are:
- Lumbar spine decompression: It is a type of surgery that is used for the treatment of compressed nerves present in the lower spine.
- Cervical decompression surgery: It is a procedure to remove any structures that compress the nerves in the neck.
- Laser endoscopic spine surgery: It is a minimally invasive procedure to treat disc herniations, spinal stenosis, bone spurs, slipped vertebrates, and spinal joint arthritis.
- Lower back surgery: It is the surgery of the spine present in the lower back.
- Spinal cord surgery: Involves the surgery of the spinal cord.
- Spinal fusion surgery: It is a procedure to permanently connect two or more vertebrae in the spine and eliminating motion between them.
- Minimally invasive spine surgery: It implies a lack of severe invasion.
- Laminotomy: It includes surgical removal of bone to decompress the spinal cord nerves.
- Foraminotomy: This process enlarges the area around one of the bones in the spinal column to relieve pressure on compressed nerves.
- Laser spine surgery for sciatica: This process uses a laser beam to remove the disc tissue that is responsible for the compression of the nerve.
Risks & complications
Normally there are no risk and complications for spine surgery and the success rate of the same is very high but since it is a surgical procedure in rare cases patients may suffer from:
- Reaction to anesthesia or other drugs
- Blood clots, for instance in the legs or lungs
- Heart attack
- Herniated disk
- Nerve damage leading to weakness, paralysis
- Sexual dysfunction
- Loss of bowel movement
- Bladder control
It takes at least 3 to 4 months for a complete recovery after surgery.
Facilities at Yashoda Hospitals
Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad is one of the top healthcare centres that offer a 360-degree diagnosis and treatment to the patients with a specialized orthopedic surgery treatment in India. We treat a wide range of spine injuries that affect the back, through a systemic approach. Our team has years of experience in types of spine surgery and we promise the topmost care in the city. Our dedicated and holistic approach makes us one of the best hospitals in India. We are one of the first centers in Hyderabad to work round the clock. We treat our patients with affordable surgery costs.