Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Sesamoid diagnosed?
Following are the most common diagnostic assessments that are used in identifying the condition:
We provide a variety of diagnoses internally at Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad for all types of orthopedic diseases. We have trained and experienced professionals who help us to carry out these activities smoothly and within no time making us one of the top centers in India.
How is Sesamoid prevented?
Following are the preventive measures that one can practice to avoid sesamoid and other complications to it:
- Wearing comfortable and cushioning footwear
- Avoid stressing joints
- Take breaks
Our team of doctors, surgeons, and consultants at Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad make sure that they recommend the best treatment possible to the patient depending on their condition. All the treatment strategies that our experts come up with are customized based on the needs of the patients’ conditions. With the help of our dedicated and experienced experts, we have successfully treated a number of patients over the years.
What is the treatment for Sesamoid?
Sesamoid is treated with the following treatment strategies:
- Medications: Anti-inflammatory medicines and painkillers are prescribed to the patients to help soothe the pain and inflammation.
- Injections: Steroid injections are injected in the affected area to reduce the pain and inflammation.
- Rest and Ice: One must reduce the activity that triggers the pain and keep icing the affected area several times a day.
- Appropriate Shoes: One must wear the right-sized shoes with soft cushioning insoles and low heels to prevent excess pressure on the tendons.
- Surgery: If the pain doesn’t subside, doctors may suggest surgery to fix the problem that causes pain.
At Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad, we are known for giving specialized and condition specific treatment to all our patients and we also consider other factors such as age, previous medical history before planning treatment. Our services and team of experts have allowed us one to be one of the best centers in Hyderabad.
- Sesamoid. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/sesamoiditis Accessed on June 17th, 2020.
- Sesamoid. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/symptoms/foot-pain/basics/definition/sym-20050792 Accessed on June 17th, 2020.
- Sesamoid. OrthoInfo. Available at: https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases–conditions/sesamoiditis Accessed on June 17th, 2020.