Plantar Fasciitis and Bone Spurs
Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Plantar Fasciitis and Bone Spurs diagnosed?
Most common assessments to diagnose the condition are:
We provide the best of the facilities and treatments to our patients at Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad we try to diagnose and cure the patient as soon as possible with our advanced technologies making us the top center in India for plantar fasciitis and bone spurs.
How is Plantar Fasciitis and Bone Spurs prevented?
To prevent the condition and other related complications, one can practice the below mentioned preventive measures:
- Take breaks
- Never push through the heel
- Exercise regularly
- Keep walking
What is the treatment for Plantar Fasciitis and Bone Spurs?
The most common treatment measures used to cure Plantar Fasciitis and Bone Spurs are:
- Rest: Stopping or even decreasing the activity that triggers the pain is the first step in treating Plantar Fasciitis and Bone Spurs.
- Ice: Icing the affected foot several times a day is effective. The best way of doing this is by rolling the foot over a cold water bottle or using ice bags.
- Medication: Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicines help reduce the inflammation and the pain caused by the condition.
- Physical Therapy: The condition is often aggravated by tight muscles in the feet and calves. Simple stretching exercise of the calves and plantar fascia can be effective in relieving the pain.
- Cortisone Injections: Cortisone is a powerful anti-inflammatory medication. It is used to cure the condition by injecting it into the plantar fascia to reduce inflammation and pain.
- Supportive Shoes and Orthotics: The aim of the treatment strategies must be to relieve the pain. Shoes with thick soles and extra cushioning provide support and reduce the stress exerted on the arch while standing, in turn, reducing the pain.
- Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT): This is a procedure that uses high-energy shockwave impulses to stimulate the healing process in damaged plantar fascia tissue.
- Surgery: When the non-surgical treatments don’t show satisfactory results, doctors may perform surgery to decompress the nerve and soothe the pain.
Our team of doctors at Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad studies the case and suggests the best possible treatment for the patient’s conditions. Our services since the past few years have made us one of the best hospitals in India.
You may also interested in reading
- Plantar Fasciitis and Bone Spurs WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/heel-spurs-pain-causes-symptoms-treatments Accessed on June 15th, 2020.
- Plantar Fasciitis and Spurs. Sports Health. Available at: https://www.sports-health.com/sports-injuries/ankle-and-foot-injuries/heel-pain-caused-heel-spurs-or-plantar-fasciitis Accessed on June 15th, 2020.
- Plantar Fasciitis. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/plantar-fasciitis Accessed on June 15th, 2020.
- Plantar Fasciitis Basics. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/understanding-plantar-fasciitis-basics Accessed on June 15th, 2020.