Knee Replacement Surgery
Knee replacement is a type of orthopedic surgery. It is a medical procedure that is performed to replace the weight-bearing surfaces of the knee joint to reduce pain and disability. It is mostly performed on patients suffering from osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and psoriatic arthritis.
We, at Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad, have one of the top knee replacement surgeons and doctors in India who have years of experience in successfully treating patients with knee problems making us one of the best hospitals for orthopedics treatment in India.
Why is it performed?
Knee replacement surgery is mostly done to relieve the patient of severe pain caused due to osteoarthritis or other conditions. People eligible for knee joint replacement surgery are the ones who usually have problems in walking, climbing up the stairs, and getting in and out of chairs. Some of them also have knee pain at rest while sleeping. We guarantee our patient’s utmost care even after the surgery is performed and with the help of our multidisciplinary team we try to treat the patient successfully and relieve their knee pain.
Knee Surgery Replacement Procedures
The various types of this surgery are:
- Bone Knee Surgery: During this surgery, the damaged cartilage or bone present in the knee joint is replaced by a manmade joint. It is commonly known as knee joint replacement surgery.
- Total Knee Replacement Surgery: Most total knee replacement operations involve replacing the joint surface present at the end of the thigh bone and the joint surface at the top of the shin bone with artificial material.
- Partial Knee Replacement Surgery: In a partial knee replacement surgery, only a small portion of the knee joint is replaced with artificial material.
Other types of knee replacement procedures:
- Patellofemoral Arthroplasty: This procedure is performed when only the kneecap is damaged.
- Complex or Revision Knee Replacement: In this procedure the surgeon removes the previous implant.
Risks and Complications
Knee replacement surgery is a surgical procedure and hence at times it may lead to some risk and complications such as:
- Headache and nausea
- A sore throat
- Heart attack
- Blood clots
Most patients resume their daily routine within 3 to 6 weeks of this surgery. However, it may take 4 to 6 months or even up to a year to fully recover from a knee replacement surgery.
Facilities at Yashoda Hospitals
Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad is one of the top hospitals in India that offers comprehensive care and treatment to its patients with specialized orthopedic surgery treatment. We treat a wide range of orthopedic conditions and various diseases that affect the knee, through a systemic approach. We have a team of well-experienced surgeons and doctors who have mastered the art of knee surgery and we promise the best care to all our patients in the country. Our dedicated and patient-centric approach makes us one of the best hospitals in Hyderabad. We are one of the first centers in Hyderabad to work round the clock. We treat them with minimal and affordable surgery costs.