Knee Arthroscopy is a surgical procedure used for the diagnosis and treatment of problems in the knee joint. During this process, the surgeon makes a small incision and inserts a tiny camera in the knee called an Arthroscope which allows them to view the inside of the joint on a screen. It is also known as Arthroscopic knee surgery.
Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad, has one of the best knee surgeons in India who have years of experience in treating patients with knee-related conditions and giving them the best combination of treatment strategies depending on their condition and medical history which makes us one of the top hospitals in India.
Why is it performed?
Also known as a keyhole knee surgery, it is performed to relieve the severe pain caused by osteoarthritis. People who are eligible for this technique usually have problems in walking, climbing stairs, and getting in and out of chairs.
We guarantee our patient’s utmost care even after the surgery is performed and with the help of our multidisciplinary teams, we try to treat the patient successfully and relieve their knee pain making us one of the best hospitals in India.
Types of treatments:
The various types of treatments are:
- Laparoscopic Knee Replacement: It is a minimally invasive surgery in which a smaller incision is made than a traditional total knee replacement.
- Cruciate ligament repair: It is performed when the ligament is still intact after breaking off from the bone. It is reattached to the bone and held in place.
- Cruciate ligament reconstruction: It includes replacing the torn cruciate ligament with graft tissue.
- Meniscus repair: In this procedure the surgeon removes any debris of cartilage present in the knee and sews up tears in the meniscus.
- Chondroplasty: It is performed to either smooth out or remove torn pieces of cartilage from the knee.
- Partial Knee Replacement: It is the procedure in which the surgeon removes only the damaged parts of the knee and not the unaffected cartilage and ligaments.
The type of arthroscopic knee replacement is dependent on the patient’s condition.
Risks & Complications
Knee Arthroscopy is a surgical procedure and hence at times it may lead to some risk and complications such as:
- Artery damage.
- Excessive bleeding
- Allergic reaction to anesthesia.
- Nerve damage.
- Numbness at the incision sites.
- Excessive pain in the calf and foot.
Patients usually start walking with a minimal limp within one or two weeks of the surgery. However, it takes around 4 to 6 weeks to recover fully.
Facilities at Yashoda Hospitals
Yashoda Hospitals is one of the best hospitals in Hyderabad that offers comprehensive care and treatment to its patients with a specialized orthopedic surgery treatment in India. We treat a wide range of knee problems and diseases that affect the knee, through a systemic approach. We have a team of well-experienced surgeons and doctors who have a well-versed experience in knee arthroscopy and we promise all our patients the best care in the country. Our dedicated and patient-centric approach makes us one of the best hospitals in India. We are one of the first centers in Hyderabad to work round the clock. We treat them with minimal and affordable surgery costs. We have given the best and desirable results to our patients post-surgery.