Joint fusion surgery is a procedure that welds together or fuses two bones that are responsible for an aching joint. This leads to the formation of one solid bone, and it can help in the reduction of pain.
Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad, has one of the best teams of well-versed surgeons and doctors in Hyderabad who have years of experience in treating patients with joint pain issues and giving them the best of treatment depending on their diagnosis and medical history-making us one of the top hospitals in India.
Why is it performed?
This procedure is performed to relieve pain in a joint that cannot be managed by pain medication, splints, or other normally indicated treatments. Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad gives the topmost care and treatment to our patients with the help of our team of top orthopedic surgeons and doctors in India we guarantee our patients the best results for their problems.
Types of treatment
The various types of treatment are:
- Subtalar fusion: This surgery fuses the heel bone to the talus, the bone that connects the foot to the ankle.
- Wrist fusion: It is a process in which the wrist joint is stabilized or immobilized by fusing the forearm bone radius with the small bones of the wrist.
- Sacroiliac joint fusion: It is a procedure done to enhance bone development over the sacroiliac joint to create one immobile unit.
- Triple arthrodesis ankle: It is a procedure in which fusion of the talocalcaneal, talonavicular, and calcaneocuboid joints present in the foot is performed.
- Talonavicular fusion: It is a procedure to fuse a joint in the middle portion of the foot. The two bones it fuses together are the talus and the navicular bone.
Our team consists of orthopedic joint surgeons, trauma surgeons, physical medicine experts, physiotherapists, and bone specialist doctors, nurses, dietitians. At Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad, we provide our patients with world-class treatments for people suffering from joint pains problems and we have provided excellent results to the patients suffering from osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis. We have become one of the top hospitals in India by providing excellent services in the field of orthopedics.
Risks & complications
Some risks and complications of joint fusion include:
- Poor bone quality
- An infection
- Narrowed arteries
- A nervous system problem.
A full recovery may take up to 12 weeks.
Facilities at Yashoda Hospitals
Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad is one of the best hospitals that offer complete care, evaluation, and treatment of patients with a specialized orthopedic surgery department in Hyderabad. We treat a wide range of orthopedic diseases that affect the joint, through a systemic and verified approach. Our team has years of experience in joint fusion surgery and we promise top-class care in the country. Our dedicated approach makes us one of the best hospitals in India. We are one of the first centers in the state to have a fully equipped unit that works 24/7. We treat our patients at an affordable surgery cost in Hyderabad. With years of services, we have given the best and most desirable results to our patients with our impeccable services making us one of the topmost hospitals in India.