Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Risk Factors, Preventions and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Hip Osteonecrosis diagnosed?
The common assessments for the diagnosis of osteonecrosis include:
- Bone scan
We provide best of the facilities and services to our patients at Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad and also try to diagnose and find the root problem for the patient so that we can treat them as early as possible and give them a normal lifestyle post-surgery with the help of our advanced technologies and expert care making us one of the top centers in India
What is the treatment for Hip Osteonecrosis?
Treating measures taken up by professionals to treat osteonecrosis are:
- Drugs: Drugs like nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, osteonecrosis drugs, cholesterol-lowering drugs are used in treating osteonecrosis.
- Blood thinners: Blood thinners help in blood flow and prevent blood from clotting. Thus, ensuring that sufficient blood reaches the femoral head.
- Rest and Exercise: Resting and exercise can help treat osteonecrosis and avoid further complications.
- Surgery: If a patient’s osteonecrosis condition is getting worse, doctors may perform a procedure called core decompression. It is the removal of a piece (core) of bone from the affected area, to try to improve blood flow.
Our team of experts at Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad studies your case and suggests the best combination of treatment for your conditions. Our services and successful treatment cases in the past few years have made us one of the best hospitals near you.
- Osteonecrosis of the Hip. Ortho Info. Available at: https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases–conditions/osteonecrosis-of-the-hip Accessed on June 5, 2020.
- Osteonecrosis of the Hip. NCBI. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6380478/ Accessed on June 5, 2020.
- Osteonecrosis. Rare Diseases. Available at: https://rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/osteonecrosis/ Accessed on June 5, 2020.