Colonoscopy Cost in India
We have one of the best team of gastroenterology doctors in Hyderabad, who are highly specialized in treating Inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s disease and colorectal cancer.
All You Need To Know About Colonoscopy
Colonoscopy is a test of the colon and rectum that is performed to detect certain abnormalities that may have developed in the colon or rectum in the early stages. It usually takes less than an hour. During this procedure, the doctor inserts a long, tubular flexible instrument called scope fitted with a camera through the rectum to understand the conditions that are causing discomfort. It bends through the colon walls and blows air in it to make it easier for the doctor to see.
Some of the conditions that may require this test are inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s disease, colorectal cancer, etc.
This procedure is recommended for certain conditions such as:
- To investigate intestinal signs and symptoms: This may include symptoms such as abdominal pain, rectal bleeding, chronic constipation, chronic diarrhea, and other intestinal problems.
- To screen for colon cancer
- To screen for polyps: If a patient has a history of previous polyps, the doctor may recommend a follow-up colonoscopy to screen for any additional polyps.
It is the most accurate test for the determination of colon cancer. People above the ages of 50 should routinely undergo this procedure.
How much does a Colonoscopy cost in India?
The average cost of colonoscopy in India is usually between Rs. 9525 to Rs. 22,225. However, the prices may vary depending upon the hospitals in different cities.
What is the average cost of Colonoscopy in Hyderabad?
The cost of colonoscopy in Hyderabad depends upon multiple factors and ranges from Rs. 9525 to Rs. 22,225.
Colonoscopy Cost Factors
The colonoscopy cost varies depending on various factors such as previous illnesses of the patient, sample removal for biopsy, etc.
Colonoscopy price factors
There are many different factors that affect the final price of a colonoscopy test. Some of these are:
- Health of the patient: For very ill patients, the procedure is performed in a hospital that costs more than outpatient facilities. High-risk patients may also need additional resources.
- Whether the doctor removes tissue samples for biopsy, also adds to the cost of colonoscopy tests.
Additional charges associated with the price of a colonoscopy test in Hyderabad include:
- Colon prep kits: These are provided by the hospitals in some cases, or the doctor may ask the patient to buy specifics.
- Diagnosis: Charges may differ depending on whether the test is for the screening of cancer, diagnosis of symptoms, performing colonoscopy with a biopsy, or to remove a lesion or polyp.
- Sedation: The type of sedation agent used also adds to the total cost.
- Pathology: It is the cost of examining abnormal tissue that is removed after this test.
- Facility charges: In addition to the doctor’s fee, the hospital, surgery center, or physician’s office may charge extra.
Preparing For Colonoscopy:
- The doctor may recommend a special diet before the exam.
- A Laxative is recommended to clear the bowel
- Using an enema kit on the doctor’s recommendation
- Adjust medications that may interfere with this procedure.
The result of this test can be positive or negative. A positive result indicates the presence of polyps or abnormal tissue in the colon, whereas a negative result indicates the absence of abnormalities.
Certain risks associated with a colonoscopy test are:
- Adverse reaction to the sedative
- Bleeding from the site where a tissue sample was taken or a polyp was removed
- A tear in the wall of the colon or rectum
What is the Colonoscopy cost at Yashoda Hospitals?
At Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad, we offer services such as diagnostic and therapeutic colonoscopy and we pride ourselves in providing the most accurate diagnosis of colon conditions as well as ensuring the best treatment procedures for our patients that make us one of the top hospitals in India. We are one of the best Colonoscopy hospital in Hyderabad. To know more about the cost of Colonoscopy. Click on enquire now.