What is colon cancer treatment?
Colon cancer begins in a part of the large intestine called the colon, which is the final part of the intestine. It usually begins as small, non-cancerous lumps called polyps. These may progress and grow into cancer.
Its final treatment will depend on the stage of cancer, the medical history, and health of the patient. The various treatment options available are
- Ostomy surgery: Also known as bowel diversion surgery, this involves rerouting the movements of the intestine if a part of the bowel is removed or affected.
- Cryosurgery: A probe is inserted through the skin using ultrasound. It uses cold gases to freeze and destroy the tumor.
- Radiofrequency ablation: A thin probe is inserted through the skin using a CT scan or ultrasound. High-frequency radio waves are passed through it to heat the tumor and destroy cancer cells.
- Polypectomy: This procedure removes polyps present inside the colon.
- Laparoscopic colectomy: A portion of the colon is removed using the minimally invasive laparoscopic technique.
A variety of drugs are given to the patient, either intravenously or orally, to kill cancerous cells.
Beams of ionizing radiation are focused on the tumor(s) to kill cancerous cells.
This treatment also uses drugs to treat cancer. It differs from chemotherapy since the drugs target only the cancer cell’s: their specific genes and proteins. Thus, the side effects on healthy cells can be avoided.
What is colon cancer surgery cost in Yashoda Hospitals?
Yashoda Hospitals has a multidisciplinary team of specialists to treat cancers of the colon. Since cancer may require various modalities of treatment, a board of cancer specialists evaluates and treats each patient. The chosen treatment and the final cost of colon cancer treatment will depend on the stage of cancer. The specialists have expertise in dealing with cancers of colon and rectum. Generally, colon cancer surgery cost will be 3lks to 4lks. This will vary depending on the type of treatment and the other facilities provided to the patient.
Yashoda Hospitals is equipped with state-of-the-art technology for the early diagnosis and treatment of colon cancer. We have a team of expert surgical oncologists who have experience dealing with cancers of the colon and rectum. They use advanced technologies to perform minimally invasive surgeries that assure the best functional outcome for patients. Patients also receive expert care from the multidisciplinary team of medical oncologists, radiation oncologist, and gastroenterologists. This streamlines the patient experience and helps deliver excellence in healthcare.