Chemotherapy Cost in India
We have one of the best team of cancer doctors and best cancer surgeons in Hyderabad, who are highly specialized in chemotherapy for cancer treatment.
All You Need To Know About Chemotherapy
Chemotherapy is a type of cancer treatment in which one or more chemotherapeutic agents are administered as a part of the treatment. Chemotherapeutic agents are drugs that directly or indirectly inhibit the growth of rapidly dividing cells, mostly malignant or cancer cells. This therapy is given with the intent to cure the patient, prolong their lifespan, or reduce the symptoms.
To identify and ensure the type of cancer an individual is suffering from, specific screening tests are conducted with the aim of early detection and treatment. Some of these tests are:
- Pap test
- Blood Test
- Chest radiograph
- Rectal examination
The type and dosage of chemotherapeutic agents administered are dependent on various factors such as type of cancer, where it first showed up in the body, age, etc.
Chemotherapy Drugs Classification
- Alkylating agents: They damage the DNA strand and prevent mitosis in cells. They are used for the treatment of various types of cancers such as leukemia, lymphomas, sarcoma, etc.
- Anti-metabolites: They interfere with the cell replication and proliferation process. There are various subclasses within this class such as folate antagonists, purine antagonists, and pyrimidine antagonists.
- Anti-tumor antibiotics: They inhibit enzymes responsible for DNA replication.
- Topoisomerase inhibitors: They inhibit the enzyme topoisomerase 1 or 2 responsible for facilitating DNA replication, thereby inhibiting replication in the host.
- Plant Alkaloids: They are derived from plants, they act by inhibiting mitosis cell division, and are also known as mitotic inhibitors.
- Corticosteroids: This class includes hormones and their analogs as a part of treatment.
How much does Chemotherapy cost in India?
The average cost of chemotherapy in India is approximately Rs. 75,600. However, the prices may vary depending upon the hospitals in different cities.
What is the average cost of Chemotherapy in Hyderabad?
The cost of chemotherapy in Hyderabad depends upon multiple factors and ranges from Rs. 4,000 to Rs. 40,000.
- Lowest cost in Hyderabad begins from Rs.4,000
- Average cost in Hyderabad can be approximately Rs.21,100
- Maximum cost in Hyderabad is up to Rs.40,000
Understanding Of Chemotherapy Costs
- This is an out-patient treatment procedure that usually lasts between half an hour to two hours. Our expert oncologists will provide an estimate of the time involved in the procedure.
- The treatment cost is dependent on several factors such as the type or class of drugs administered, type of cancer, stage of cancer, treatment plan, drug dosage, etc all of which directly contribute to the chemotherapy cost.
- The price involves pre as well as post-treatment costs.
- Pre-chemotherapy cost includes doctor consultation fees, lab test(s) and diagnostic test(s) charges.
- Post-chemotherapy costs mostly include costs for medications to counteract the side effects of drugs.
- Depending on the stage of the disease, the number of sessions is decided for each patient which will further contribute to the total cost of the treatment regimen.
What is the Chemotherapy cost at Yashoda Hospitals?
At Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad, we use anti-cancer drugs depending on the patient’s cognition, to ensure the appropriate treatment and recovery of all our patients. Our devoted team of oncologists, physicians, nurses, and technicians do this with the aim of prolonging patients’ lifespan and curing them. Over the years, we have offered the best chemotherapy treatments for all types of cancer. Our commitment to our patients makes us one of the top hospitals in India. We are one of the best chemotherapy hospital in Hyderabad. To know more about the cost of Chemotherapy. Click on enquire now.