What is cancer screening?
The procedure under which certain tests are conducted to identify specific types of cancer before any symptoms develop is called cancer screening. The main aim of screening is to detect cancer early when treatment is easier, rather than when it has developed and spread to other parts. This helps to reduce the number of people who die from it.
There are several types of screening tests available since they differ for each type of cancer. The screening recommendations for early detection of different types of cancer are:
- Breast cancer: It is recommended that women examine their breasts and notice any changes in their shape and size. If any lumps or mass is felt, it is best to consult the doctor. Clinical breast examination, mammography, and MRI are other commonly recommended screening tests.
How much does Cancer screening cost in India?
The average cost of Cancer screening in India is approximately Rs. 5999.00 to 30000. However, the prices may vary depending upon the hospitals in different cities.
What is the average cost of Cancer screening in Hyderabad?
The cost of Cancer screening in Hyderabad depends upon multiple factors and ranges from Rs. 5999.00 to 25000.
- Endometrial cancer: Annual cancer screening can include endometrial biopsy, Pap test, and transvaginal ultrasound.
- Cervical cancer: Pap test and HPV test help diagnose any abnormalities. The former find abnormal cells that can potentially turn into cancer, and the latter detects Human papillomavirus (HPV) that can cause these changes in the cell.
- Colorectal cancer: Screening can be done for those with average risk from 45 years onwards. The tests include colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, Fecal Occult Blood Test (FOBT), double-contrast barium enema, and stool DNA tests.
- Lung cancer: Adults with a long history of smoking are recommended to undergo low-dose CT scan. People with a history or family history of lung cancer and those exposed to chemicals like asbestos regularly should also ideally be screened.
- Prostate cancer: It can be detected in the early stages through Digital Rectal Examination (DRE) and Prostate-specific Antigen (PSA) test.
- Head and neck cancers: An annual health screening examination can be done. The doctor does a quick check-up where he/she looks and feels for abnormalities or lumps in the nose, mouth, and throat.
The best screening guidelines that can be followed vary from cancer to cancer as well. More screening tests are still being researched and developed for several other cancers.
What is cancer screening in Yashoda Hospitals?
At Yashoda Hospitals, we offer comprehensive packages that thoroughly screen major parts of the body. World-class facilities are offered at competitive rates that are at par with cancer screening test costs in India. The package offers blood tests for all types of cancer screening. Other tests will change the final cost. Our package is among the best cancer screening package cost in Hyderabad.
Yashoda Hospitals is equipped with state-of-the-art technology that can diagnose and treat a vast variety of ailments. Our team of expert oncologists recommends cancer screening as the most effective procedure to identify cancer early and treating it. With three decades of experience in healthcare, we recognize and deliver the tests required by each patient to alleviate the risks posed by the deadly disease. Our expertise in all modalities of treatment offers integrated and comprehensive treatment, offering patients the best chance of recovering and returning to a healthy life.