What is cancer screening?
The procedure under which certain tests are conducted to identify specific types of cancer before any symptoms develop is called cancer screening. The main aim of screening is to detect cancer early when treatment is easier, rather than when it has developed and spread to other parts. This helps to reduce the number of people who die from it.
There are several types of screening tests available since they differ for each type of cancer. The screening recommendations for early detection of different types of cancer are:
- Breast cancer: It is recommended that women examine their breasts and notice any changes in their shape and size. If any lumps or mass is felt, it is best to consult the doctor. Clinical breast examination, mammography, and MRI are other commonly recommended screening tests.
- Endometrial cancer: Annual cancer screening can include endometrial biopsy, Pap test, and transvaginal ultrasound.
- Cervical cancer: Pap test and HPV test help diagnose any abnormalities. The former find abnormal cells that can potentially turn into cancer, and the latter detects Human papillomavirus (HPV) that can cause these changes in the cell.
- Colorectal cancer: Screening can be done for those with average risk from 45 years onwards. The tests include colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, Fecal Occult Blood Test (FOBT), double-contrast barium enema, and stool DNA tests.
- Lung cancer: Adults with a long history of smoking are recommended to undergo low-dose CT scan. People with a history or family history of lung cancer and those exposed to chemicals like asbestos regularly should also ideally be screened.
- Prostate cancer: It can be detected in the early stages through Digital Rectal Examination (DRE) and Prostate-specific Antigen (PSA) test.
- Head and neck cancers: An annual health screening examination can be done. The doctor does a quick check-up where he/she looks and feels for abnormalities or lumps in the nose, mouth, and throat.
The best screening guidelines that can be followed vary from cancer to cancer as well. More screening tests are still being researched and developed for several other cancers.
What is cancer screening test cost in India?
Early detection of cancer is the best way to treat it. If doctors catch it at a localized stage, then the treatment is easier and success outcomes increase drastically. There are different types of screening tests that can be done, and cancer test cost in India changes based on the package chosen by the person. Several hospitals offer combined packages with a variety of tests for men and women. These packages differ between genders and also based on the tests done. The average cancer screening cost in India will be around 10,000-25,000 INR in private hospitals. The hospitals generally offer full-body screening tests.
What is cancer screening cost in Hyderabad?
In Hyderabad, hospitals offer cancer screening packages that include blood tests, urine and stool test, ultrasonogram, x-ray, Pap test and breast ultrasound (for women), and physician consultancy. The average cost of these packages is similar to the cost of cancer test in India. The package can change for people with and without a family history/previous history of cancer. Overall, the cost of cancer screening test in Hyderabad will be between 5,000-25,000 INR. Cancer test cost in Hyderabad will vary based on the hospital and the package chosen.
What is cancer screening cost in Yashoda Hospitals?
At Yashoda Hospitals, we offer comprehensive packages that thoroughly screen major parts of the body. World-class facilities are offered at competitive rates that are at par with cancer screening test cost in India. The package that offers blood tests for all types of cancer screening will cost 20,000-25,000 INR. Other tests will change the final cost. Our package is among the best cancer screening package cost in Hyderabad.
Yashoda Hospitals is equipped with state-of-the-art technology that can diagnose and treat a vast variety of ailments. Our team of expert oncologists recommends cancer screening as the most effective procedure to identify cancer early and treating it. With three decades of experience in healthcare, we recognize and deliver the tests required by each patient to alleviate the risks posed by the deadly disease. Our expertise in all modalities of treatment offers integrated and comprehensive treatment, offering patients the best chance of recovering and returning to a healthy life.