Bronchoscopy Cost in Hyderabad
We have one of the best team of pulmonology doctors in Hyderabad, who are highly specialized in treating all types of lung disorders and respiratory problems.
All You Need To Know About Bronchoscopy
A bronchoscopy procedure is done to allow the doctor to have a look at the patient’s throat, trachea, larynx, and lower airways by using a device known as a bronchoscope. It is performed to either diagnose or treat a wide range of lung conditions and problems and is performed by a lung specialist – pulmonologist or thoracic surgeon. It can also be used to remove a small sample of tissue from those areas, known as a biopsy.
How much does a Bronchoscopy cost in India?
The average cost of bronchoscopy in India is usually between Rs. 8,000 to Rs. 10,000. However, the prices may vary depending upon the hospitals in different cities.
What is the average cost of Bronchoscopy in Hyderabad?
The cost of bronchoscopy in Hyderabad depends upon multiple factors and ranges from Rs. 5,525 to Rs.5,950.
Diagnosis & Procedures For Bronchoscopy
- Flexible bronchoscopy: In this procedure, a thin, long tube is used to see the airway. A flexible bronchoscope is preferred over a rigid bronchoscope since there is no need for general anesthesia.
- Rigid bronchoscopy: In this type, a straight, hollow metal tube is used and requires general anesthesia.
Bronchoscopy is commonly used for the diagnosis and treatment of the following conditions:
- Continuous cough in a patient without a possible explanation
- Presence of blood in the phlegm or while discharging mucus
- X-ray showing unexplained nodules, mass or inflammation in the lungs
- In cases where a lung infection is seen after evaluation
- Removal of foreign bodies from the airway passage
- To open a blockage in the airway caused due to a tumor or other mass by using a stent
- To remove unnatural growth blocking the airway such as a tumor, mass or other growths
Apart from the above conditions, bronchoscopy is also performed to get tissue specimens to diagnose lung disorders and for the treatment of diseases such as asthma and emphysema. Furthermore, it is also used in the treatment of air leaks in the lungs caused by surgery.
- The doctor usually gives a medication such as a sedative to relax the airways and reduce throat irritation and coughing before the procedure.
- Additional medications are administered through an IV needle.
- The patient is connected to a heart and blood pressure monitor and is given extra oxygen during the examination.
- A thin bronchoscope tube is then inserted either through the nose or mouth into the throat. This pipe passes through the vocal cords into the windpipe and finally reaches the lungs.
- During the procedure, if any abnormality is seen and samples are required, it is collected through the below-mentioned methods:
- Washing: In this procedure, saline is injected through the tube into the affected area and the fluid is then sucked back. This is repeated several times to get the right amount of samples.
- Needle Aspiration: It is done by inserting a small needle into the airway and also through the airway walls to get samples for analysis.
- Forceps Biopsy: In this process, a forceps is used to obtain biopsy samples from lesions in the airway or lungs.
What is the Bronchoscopy cost at Yashoda Hospitals?
At Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad, our expert team of pulmonologists, physicians, and technicians ensure the most accurate and timely diagnosis and treatment procedures for all our patients. We offer world-class facilities such as 3D virtual bronchoscopy, flexible and rigid bronchoscopy at our premises which has made us one of the best hospitals in India. We are one of the best Bronchoscopy hospital in Hyderabad. To know more about the cost of Bronchoscopy. Click on enquire now.