Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis
Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Complications, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis diagnosed?
The first step in diagnosis is a comprehensive physical examination in which the doctor checks whether the child can move his or her hips and legs freely and without any pain. Then one of the following diagnostic assessments are used:
Yashoda Hospitals has advanced technologies for precise diagnosis, making us one of the top centers in India.
How is Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis prevented?
To prevent the development of slipped capital femoral epiphysis, one can take certain preventive measures:
- Physical therapy exercises
- Sports and other activities
- Follow-up care
What is the treatment for Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis?
Some of the treatment strategies of this condition are:
- In situ fixation: Mostly used for patients with mild SCFE. A small incision is made near the hip and a metal screw is inserted to maintain the position of the femoral head and avoid any slippage.
- Open reduction: In this process, an open incision is made on the hip and the femur is redirected to its normal position. Metal screws are used to hold the femur in its place.
We provide the best treatments of conditions such as SCFE with a specialized team of doctors and advanced techniques. We also provide children with a safe environment for as long as their treatment demands them to be in the hospital. Minute but important things like these make Yashoda Hospitals the best center in Hyderabad.
- Slipped capital femoral epiphysis. Ortho Bullets. Available at: http://www.orthobullets.com/pediatrics/4040/slipped-capital-femoral-epiphysis-scfe Accessed on June 15, 2020.
- Slipped capital femoral epiphysis. Medscape. Available at: https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/91596-overview Accessed on June 15, 2020.
- Slipped capital femoral epiphysis. Hopkins Medicine. Available at: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/slipped-capital-femoral-epiphysis Accessed on June 15, 2020.
- Slipped capital femoral epiphysis. Clevelandclinic Available at: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/17485-slipped-capital-femoral-epiphysis Accessed on June 15, 2020.