Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
What are the symptoms of Hypocalcemia?
Few major symptoms of this condition include:
- Stiffness or spasms in muscles are common
- A state of confusion, problems in memory
- Paresthesia: It is a prickling sensation in the hands or feet
- Anxiety, depression, irritability, fatigue
- Parkinson, epilepsy, dementia
- Swelling of the optic disc, cataract
- Arrhythmias, congestive heart failure may sometimes occur
- Spasms of the larynx
- Dry skin, brittle nails, coarse hair, itching
- Kidney stones and calcium deposits in the body are common
- Mood swings
- Numbness in the feet, hands or lips
- Tingling in the feet, hands or lips
What are the complications of Hypocalcemia?
Some of the major complications of hypocalcemia are:
- Eye damage
- Acute seizures
- Parkinson’s disease
- Abnormal heartbeat leading to arrhythmias
- Hypocalcemia. Healthline. Available: https://www.healthline.com/health/hypocalcemia Accessed on June 29, 2020.
- Hypocalcemia. Medscape. Available at: https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/241893-overview Accessed on June 29, 2020.
- Hypocalcemia. Medicine Net. Available at: https://www.medicinenet.com/hypocalcemia_symptoms_and_signs/symptoms.htm Accessed on June 29, 2020.