Estrogen deficiency state
Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
What are the symptoms of Estrogen deficiency state?
Some symptoms that may indicate towards this condition are:
- Painful intercourse due to absence of vaginal lubrication
- Increase in urinary tract infections because of the thinning of urethra
- Periods may become irregular or absent
- Mood swings are common
- Hot flashes in females
- Tenderness of the breasts
- Headaches or increased frequency of migraines
- Depression and trouble in concentrating at work
- Chronic kidney disease
- In some cases, the bones fracture easily due to decreased bone density
- Infertility in some conditions
What are the complications of Estrogen deficiency state?
An untreated condition of estrogen deficiency may cause infertility over a prolonged period in women. Other complications may include symptoms of menopause, endometrial atrophy, etc.
- Estrogen deficiency state. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/womens-health/low-estrogen-symptoms Accessed on June 26th, 2020.
- Estrogen deficiency state. Science Direct. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/estrogen-deficiency Accessed on June 26th, 2020.
- Estrogen deficiency state. Medscape. Available at: https://www.medscape.com/answers/330598-82968/what-is-the-role-of-estrogen-deficiency-in-the-pathogenesis-of-osteoporosis Accessed on June 26th, 2020.