Estrogen deficiency state
Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Estrogen deficiency state diagnosed?
Some of the common diagnostic procedures for this condition are:
- Blood test
- DNA testing
- Physical examination
Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad is equipped with one of the best facilities and advanced technologies which helps us detect and cure the problem easily and efficiently making us one of the best centers in Hyderabad.
How is Estrogen deficiency state prevented?
An early diagnosis can help prevent severe complications of this condition.
What is the treatment for Estrogen deficiency state?
Some of the major treatment strategies of this condition are:
- Estrogen therapy: For women between the ages of 25 to 50, a higher dose of estrogen is usually prescribed to reduce the risk of conditions such as cardiovascular diseases, bone loss, etc. However, the dose is dependent on the severity of the patient’s condition. Estrogen is administered via oral, topical, vaginal, or IV route. This process may also reduce the severity of menopausal symptoms. This therapy is usually recommended for a period of one to two years only, since longer therapy may increase the risk of cancer.
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT): This therapy is used to boost the body’s natural hormone production. It is recommended for women who’re reaching menopause. The hormones in this condition may be administered via topical, vaginal, oral, or IV routes. The negative impact of this therapy is the increased risk of stroke, breast cancer, etc.
- Medication: Medicines containing estradiol or other forms of estrogen are prescribed during the treatment of estrogen deficiency state.
We are one of the best hospitals in India with years of expertise in treating all kinds of metabolic conditions with the help and support of our hardworking and well-experienced team of experts. We give 360-degree care to our patients which makes us one of the best hospitals in India.
- Estrogen deficiency state. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/womens-health/low-estrogen-symptoms Accessed on June 26th, 2020.
- Estrogen deficiency state. Science Direct. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/estrogen-deficiency Accessed on June 26th, 2020.
- Estrogen deficiency state. Medscape. Available at: https://www.medscape.com/answers/330598-82968/what-is-the-role-of-estrogen-deficiency-in-the-pathogenesis-of-osteoporosis Accessed on June 26th, 2020.