Yashoda Hospitals’ 10th annual ‘Young Doctors Camp’ a Grand Success
Telangana Education Minister Sabita Indrareddy was the Chief Guest of the Young Doctors Camp-2022.
Hyderabad, May 22, 2022: Yashoda Group of Hospitals has successfully conducted the 10th batch of the ‘Young Doctors Camp’ from 20th to 22nd May. The 3-day camp has witnessed the participation of more than 300 boys and girls who took an oath to be in the service of people suffering from diseases and need treatment with a human touch.
The Young Doctors Camp-2022 camp was organised simultaneously at Yashoda Group of Hospitals in Secunderabad, Somajiguda, and Malakpet. Telangana Education Minister Sabita Indrareddy was the Chief Guest of the Young Doctors Camp-2022.
Speaking on the occasion, Telangana Education Minister Sabita Indrareddy said, “It is a great programme for high school students aspiring to become doctors to grasp the uniqueness and challenges of the medical profession.”
This year’s annual event, which aims to provide real-life experience for students interested in pursuing a career in medicine, received an overwhelming response from students. High school students from Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, and Maharashtra have registered for the Young Doctors Camp-2022.
After an extensive selection process, 300 pupils were chosen for the camp out of 3000 applicants. The camp was designed to give parents and their children a hands-on experience with being a doctor and to assist them in making well-informed professional choices.
“We are very proud that more than 200 students who have participated in our YDC Camp in the last decade are now studying or have completed medicine in India and overseas. Our efforts will help young minds comprehend the uniqueness, benefits, challenges, and enthusiasm that come with being a doctor. I am sure our team of doctors and other staff could explain both the challenges and rewarding experiences the medical profession offers,” said, Mr. Dheeraj Gorukanti, Director of Yashoda Group of Hospitals, after distributing certificates to participants at the valedictory function of the Young Doctors Camp.
Doctors and other staff members from different departments of the Yashoda Group of Hospitals also participated in the closing ceremony.
All of the aspiring young doctors were shown through the Yashoda Hospitals’ cutting-edge medical facilities to familiarise them with various medical departments such as state-of-the-art diagnostics, outpatient departments, inpatient wards, operating rooms, nursing stations, and pharmacies. Classroom sessions in which notable doctors introduced the attendees to several specializations of modern medicine, as well as operation movies and quizzes, were among the academic activities. The sessions of the camp were interspersed with academic and fun-filled activities.
All the participants were enthusiastic about the camp and spent four days with the renowned and stalwart doctors in three hospitals of the Yashoda Group.
The Yashoda Group of Hospitals, which has been delivering outstanding health care to patients for over three decades, launched this unique summer programme, aptly named ‘Young Doctors’ Camp’ in the year 2010. This camp is for students who have completed the 9th standard (ages 13–14), and their selection is based on the evaluation of their grades from the previous academic year, as well as an essay written by them on the theme “Why do you want to be a Doctor?” The free Young Doctors’ Camp is held every year during the summer holidays for schools, in the month of May. A “Young Doctors Kit” is given to aspiring doctors.
- Telangana Today: https://telanganatoday.com/hyderabad-young-doctors-camp-at-yashoda-hospital-concludes
- The Hans India: https://www.thehansindia.com/news/cities/hyderabad/hyderabad-yashoda-hospitals-10th-annual-young-doctors-camp-a-grand-success-744291?infinitescroll=1#.YorDUT3SLeE.whatsapp
- The Hindu: https://epaper.thehindu.com/Home/MShareArticle?OrgId=GJK9RFF09.1&imageview=0&utm_source=epaper&utm_medium=sharearticle
- UNI India: http://www.uniindia.com/~/yashoda-hospital-s-10th-annual-young-doctors-camp-concludes/States/news/2738688.html
- The Hindu: https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Hyderabad/six-hours-six-knee-replacements-at-gandhi-hospital/article65447563.ece
- Eenadu: https://www.eenadu.net/telugu-news/districts/Hyderabad/529/122101498
- NT News: https://www.ntnews.com/hyderabad/hyderabad-district-news-1364-595052
- Eenadu: https://www.eenadu.net/telugu-news/telangana/minister-sabita-indrareddy-comments/1800/122101336
- Mana Telangana: https://www.manatelangana.news/sabitha-indra-reddy-comments-on-medical-seats/