Ulnar Tunnel Syndrome
Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
Ulnar Tunnel Syndrome Prevention
To prevent the development of this condition, one can follow the below-mentioned approaches:
- Reduce repetitive movement of the wrist and hand
- Wear a wrist brace
Ulnar Tunnel Syndrome Diagnosis
The doctors first analyze the medical history of the patient and conduct a physical examination. This is usually followed by one or more of the following diagnostic tools:
- CT scan
- MRI scan
- Nerve conduction study
We provide our patients with the best diagnosis facilities and technologies so that we can treat and cure their orthopedic conditions smoothly and as soon as possible. At Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad, we give the best in class services to our patients which has allowed us to become one of the top hospitals in India due to our dedicated services and patient-centric approach.
Ulnar Tunnel Syndrome Treatment
Some of the strategies for the treatment of ulnar tunnel syndrome are as follows:
- Using ergonomic tools to relieve pressure.
- Avoid activities that aggravate this condition and massage ice onto the affected area.
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy, and massage therapy is recommended for patients to treat the symptoms of this condition.
- Pain medication: Over the counter medications recommended by doctors to ease the pain and provide relief to the patient.
- Corticosteroid injections: These are used for temporary relief of the condition.
- Wearing a wrist brace: Patients are recommended to wear splints to prevent excessive movement of the wrist and to keep it straight to avoid any pressure to it. Splints are usually worn at night but can be worn in the daytime too.
- Surgery: It is recommended when this condition is caused due to ganglion or cyst formation which stresses the wrist. Scars and other growths are usually recommended with surgery. Another surgical option is to cut the ligament to relieve the pressure off of the wrist.
We, at Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad provide one of the best treatment facilities to people suffering from ulnar tunnel syndrome and have helped them in quick and thorough recovery by providing a combination of treatments. With our patient-centric approach, we have become one of the top hospitals in India.
- Ulnar Tunnel Syndrome, Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/ulnar-tunnel-syndrome Accessed on June 12, 2020.
- Ulnar Tunnel Syndrome. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/carpal-tunnel/ulnar-tunnel-syndrome#1 Accessed on June 12, 2020.
- Ulnar Tunnel Syndrome. Medical News Today. Available at: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321872 Accessed on June 12, 2020.
- Ulnar Tunnel Syndrome. OrthoInfo. Available at: https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases–conditions/ulnar-tunnel-syndrome-of-the-wrist/ Accessed on June 12, 2020.