Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
What are the symptoms of Renal osteodystrophy?
This condition does not exhibit symptoms initially. However, when it does show symptoms, it may be in the form of:
- Bone pain and joint pain
- Pathological fracture and deformation of bone
- Cardiovascular calcification
What are the complications of Renal osteodystrophy?
Some complications of renal osteodystrophy are:
- Bones may fracture very easily
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: It is a condition in which pain, numbness, or tingling sensation is felt in the arm and hand.
- Osteomyelitis: It is a condition in which the bone gets infected and inflamed.
- Septic arthritis: It is a condition in which the joints are invaded by an infectious agent.
- Osteonecrosis: It is a condition caused due to reduced blood flow to the bones.
- Renal osteodystrophy. Medicine Net. Available at: https://www.medicinenet.com/osteodystrophy/article.html Accessed on June 27, 2020.
- Renal osteodystrophy. Ortho Bullets. Available at: http://www.orthobullets.com/basic-science/9030/renal-osteodystrophy Accessed on June 27, 2020.
- Renal osteodystrophy. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://mayoclinic.pure.elsevier.com/en/publications/renal-osteodystrophy Accessed on June 27, 2020.