Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Paget’s disease diagnosed of bone?
A physical examination is first carried out for this condition. It is followed by one or more of the following diagnostic procedures:
- Imaging tests such as X-rays and bone scan
- Blood test: To assess the levels of alkaline phosphatase in body
We have a special orthopedic unit open around the clock with a senior expert available 24/7 at Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad. We have provided comprehensive services to our patients throughout the years and are one of the top hospitals in India.
How is Paget’s disease prevented of bone?
Some preventive measures an individual can take are:
- Regular exercise
- Avoid gain in weight
- Relieve pressure on the joints and bones by stretching, etc
What is the treatment for Paget’s disease of bone?
The treatment strategies for this condition are:
- Medication: Medications such as bisphosphonates are used in treating Paget’s disease.
- Surgery: Surgical options to treat Paget’s disease include corrective osteotomy for long bone deformity, joint arthroplasty, tumor resection, fracture fixation, and spinal decompression.
Our team of professionals has treated a numerous patients with a history of complicated bone disorders over the years, and with the help of our experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff we are one of the best hospitals in Hyderabad, India.
- Paget’s disease. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pagets-disease-of-bone/symptoms-causes/syc-20350811 Accessed on June 28, 2020.
- Paget’s disease. OrthoInfo. Available at: https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases–conditions/pagets-disease-of-bone Accessed on June 28, 2020.
- Paget’s disease. Medical News Today. Available at: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/177668 Accessed on June 28, 2020.
- Paget’s disease. Rheumatology. Available at: https://www.rheumatology.org/I-Am-A/Patient-Caregiver/Diseases-Conditions/Pagets-Disease-of-Bone Accessed on June 28, 2020.