Flexible Flatfoot in Children
Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Flexible Flatfoot in Children diagnosed?
Though the condition is visible and obvious, the doctor may still need to perform a thorough examination to rule out the possibilities of other types of flatfeet that may require different types of treatment.
Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad is equipped with one of the best facilities and advanced technologies which helps us detect and reach the core of the problem easily making us one of the top centers in India.
How is Flexible Flatfoot in Children prevented?
Following are the measures that can be practiced to prevent the occurrence of flexible flatfoot in children:
- A change in walking
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Stretch regularly
- Wear correct shoes
What is the treatment for Flexible Flatfoot in Children?
Flexible flatfoot usually disappears on its own and if the child doesn’t face any pain or discomfort, there is no treatment needed. However, if the condition causes pain following are the treatment strategies that are used to fix the condition to reduce pain and avoid complications:
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapy including stretching exercises are recommended to those who face pain and discomfort. It helps relieve the stress and increases the flexibility of the foot.
- Arch Supports (orthotic devices): Soft arch supports and other orthotic devices help reduce the amount of pressure exerted on the foot and relieve the pain.
- Medications: Anti-inflammatory medicines and painkillers are prescribed to relieve pain.
- Surgery: It is a very rare occasion when the child has to undergo surgery for the flexible flatfoot. If the pain is persistent and discomforting. A surgery is performed to create an arch in the foot.
We are one of the best hospitals in India with years of experience in treating orthopedic diseases with the help and support of our dedicated and compassionate team of professionals. We give comprehensive care to our patients making us one of the top hospitals in Hyderabad.
- Flexible Flatfoot in Children. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/flatfeet/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20372609. Accessed on June 25th, 2020.
- Flexible Flatfoot in Children.Cleveland Clinic. Available at: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/14483-flatfoot-in-children. Accessed on June 25th, 2020.
- Flexible Flatfoot in Children. Springer. Available at: https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-41142-2_19 Accessed on June 25th, 2020.