Elbow (Olecranon) Bursitis
Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
What are the symptoms of Elbow Bursitis?
There are various elbow bursitis symptoms in people some of which are observed as:
- Localized swelling
- Elbow pain
- Restricted full range of motion
- Skin that is warm to the touch
What are the risk factors of Elbow Bursitis?
Major factors which may predispose an individual to the development of this condition are:
- Repetitive or prolonged pressure on the elbow
- Repetitive motions
- Trauma to the affected elbow
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Patients should be cautious in case of any of the above-mentioned conditions since delaying treatment can lead to severe complications like bleeding and bruising.
- Elbow Bursitis. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/arthritis/olecranon-bursitis Accessed on June 16th, 2020.
- Elbow Bursitis. Arthistis. Available at: https://www.arthritis-health.com/types/bursitis/elbow-olecranon-bursitis Accessed on June 16th, 2020.
- Elbow Bursitis. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/sports-injuries/elbow-bursitis Accessed on June 16th, 2020.
- Elbow Bursitis. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://sportsmedicine.mayoclinic.org/condition/elbow-bursitis/ Accessed on June 16th, 2020.