Types, Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
What are the symptoms of Discoid Meniscus?
Some of the common symptoms of this condition include :
- Recurring pain
- Stiffness or swelling in the knee
- Popping sensation of the knee
- Loss of sensation in the knee
- Inability to fully extend the knee
What are the complications of Discoid Meniscus?
Some people with untreated discoid meniscus might not experience major issues. However, it does make you more prone to injuries than normal conditions of the knee. Additionally, in some cases, it’s correction surgery might lead to osteochondritis dissecans (OCD), where the bones start to move or separate from their surrounding due to lack of blood circulation.
- Discoid Meniscus. Ortho Bullet. Available at: https://www.orthobullets.com/knee-and-sports/3007/discoid-meniscus Accessed on June 9, 2020.
- Discoid Meniscus: Diseases and Condition. Ortho Info. Available at: https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases–conditions/discoid-meniscus Accessed on June 9, 2020.
- Discoid Meniscus. NCBI. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5134787/ Accessed on June 9, 2020.
- Discoid Meniscus. Medscape. Available at: https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1249111-treatment Accessed on June 9, 2020.