Types, Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Discoid Meniscus prevented?
Since this condition is genetic, there is no way to prevent it. However, it can be mitigated with treatment if needed. Connect with our orthopedic experts to learn more.
How is Discoid Meniscus diagnosed?
Some of the common diagnostic tests include:
- Imaging tests: MRI (Magnetic resonance imaging) scan, X-Ray
- Medical history and physical examination
Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad is equipped with some of the best facilities and advanced technologies that help us to easily reach the core of the problem. This makes us one of the top centers for discoid meniscus in India.
What is the treatment for Discoid Meniscus?
Some of the major treatment strategies of discoid meniscus include:
- Surgical Treatment: Knee arthroscopy is a common surgical procedure in which a few incisions are made on the knee to insert a small camera that takes pictures that are displayed on a screen. The surgeon uses these pictures to guide small surgical instruments.
- Rehabilitation: Post-surgery the patient’s knee is wrapped in a bandage and he may be advised to use crutches for a few weeks. After the initial healing procedure, the doctor may recommend physical therapy exercises to restore the mobility of the limbs. These exercises may be at home or with the help of a physiotherapist.
Yashoda Hospitals is one of the best hospitals in India with years of experience and excellence in treating multiple orthopedic conditions with the help and support of our dedicated and compassionate team of doctors and technicians. We aim to provide the best treatment strategies and 360-degree care to our patients that makes us one of the top hospitals near you.
- Discoid Meniscus. Ortho Bullet. Available at: https://www.orthobullets.com/knee-and-sports/3007/discoid-meniscus Accessed on June 9, 2020.
- Discoid Meniscus: Diseases and Condition. Ortho Info. Available at: https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases–conditions/discoid-meniscus Accessed on June 9, 2020.
- Discoid Meniscus. NCBI. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5134787/ Accessed on June 9, 2020.
- Discoid Meniscus. Medscape. Available at: https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1249111-treatment Accessed on June 9, 2020.